JetBlue A321

We taxi to the runway on 4 engines, from the runway on 2. Long haul fuel is a little bit more difficult to plan with great accuracy, we usually land with 6-7 tons... Sometimes less, sometimes more... Not a huge deal at sea level, we are more careful at high alt airports, because we usually have to let the cargo go and the company is not too happy about that...

We taxi to the runway on 4 engines, from the runway on 2. Long haul fuel is a little bit more difficult to plan with great accuracy, we usually land with 6-7 tons... Sometimes less, sometimes more... Not a huge deal at sea level, we are more careful at high alt airports, because we usually have to let the cargo go and the company is not too happy about that...

I don't know why, but we can single-engine taxi the 319/320, but not the 330.

I meant braking, my bad ! You can taxi single engine on engine 1 as it pressurizes G&B Hyd and Blue pressurizes brake accumulators and avoid using Electric pumps. Not in our FCOM though, the A330 is taxied on 2 engines.

Last edited:
I don't know why, but we can single-engine taxi the 319/320, but not the 330.

Different standards captains. :)

Err rather I mean it's because you guys specialize in PW MRO, not CFM.

(err, and different breakaway thrusteses?)

I don't know.

Well, on some of the longer-haul flights, the cabin service crew will set up a 'snack cart' so you can just meander up (back?) and pick up what you'd like.

I've seen it in both classes of service domestically, but internationally, I generally don't venture beyond BE so I don't know if they do that in the back of the jet.

I love that idea, especially in business. That way when I've had too much to drink and I'm doing the walk of shame, I can grab a bottle of water and rehydrate.

I like to wander all the way to the back, but we have to take the epaulets off. We have pre departure snacks and then business class food.

My company does SE taxi all the time.

Flew with a captain that wanted only one engine. I questioned him since we had a quick taxi. Apparently he wasn't happy with me questioning him and asked for the checklist again with an annoyed sound to his voice. Sure enough as soon as I got our taxi Clearance he asked for the second engine. Fuel saving at its finest!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Shortly after I hit the line, I was an IRO with a Captain who just got out of recurrent. Apparently, he was chastised for not S/E taxiing. He briefed that he was going to go out on 1 engine, cranked it up, released the brakes, rolled about 10 feet and then called for #2. His quote: "There! I did it!"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Shortly after I hit the line, I was an IRO with a Captain who just got out of recurrent. Apparently, he was chastised for not S/E taxiing. He briefed that he was going to go out on 1 engine, cranked it up, released the brakes, rolled about 10 feet and then called for #2. His quote: "There! I did it!"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
Single-engine taxi in LAX with cramped alleyways is a no-no unless you're towed to the top and don't have to roll uphill. My Old Man refuses to do it on the 7ER at LAX.

"OW, MY KNEECAPS!"

Back