JetBlue A321

Here is some route information off the B6 Blog.

• New York (JFK)/Barbados (BGI)
  • New York (JFK)/San Juan (SJU)
  • New York (JFK)/Fort Lauderdale (FLL)
  • New York (JFK)/Aruba (AUA)
  • New York (JFK)/Santo Domingo (SDQ)
  • New York (JFK)/Santiago (STI)
  • New York (JFK)/Orlando (MCO)
  • New York (JFK)/Nassau (NAS)
  • New York (JFK)/Las Vegas (LAS)
  • New York (JFK)/Punta Cana (PUJ)
  • New York (JFK)/San Diego (SAN)
  • New York (JFK)/Seattle (SEA)

This is also interesting. Not sure how I feel about it though...

marketplace_500size1.jpg

For our “low density” A321s, we’re also introducing the Inflight Marketplace, a mid-cabin stop for any customer who wants to grab a beverage or snack. An idea we got from our own crewmembers who often set up inpromptu stations for customers to help themselves to additional snacks during a long flight.

I don't know but I think these days there are 2 markets for airplanes, Wide body and narrow body. Seems like if it's in this hemisphere they are gonna jam as many people into a narrowbody as they can and fly it till the gas runs out. If it's across the pond or longer than 6 hours they will use a wide body.

Gone are the days of nyc - lax in a 747.

But there is ATL-LAX on a 777...

Because it goes on to Australia.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves.

What is it exactly, to the uninitiated?
Well, on some of the longer-haul flights, the cabin service crew will set up a 'snack cart' so you can just meander up (back?) and pick up what you'd like.

I've seen it in both classes of service domestically, but internationally, I generally don't venture beyond BE so I don't know if they do that in the back of the jet.

Well, on some of the longer-haul flights, the cabin service crew will set up a 'snack cart' so you can just meander up (back?) and pick up what you'd like.

I've seen it in both classes of service domestically, but internationally, I generally don't venture beyond BE so I don't know if they do that in the back of the jet.

Looks nice!

Sorry, I thought you meant the 318, which is the Airbus competition against the EMB-190. The 319 is a different class. Not really in the same category as the EMB-190.
I was under the impression that it was 318 versus 195 versus 737-600

I was under the impression that it was 318 versus 195 versus 737-600

Depends on the configuration, I would say. Jetblue crams an awful lot of seats in an EMB-190, whereas normal configurations of the -195 would have a first class section. Changes it up a bit.

Here is some route information off the B6 Blog.

• New York (JFK)/Barbados (BGI)
  • New York (JFK)/San Juan (SJU)
  • New York (JFK)/Fort Lauderdale (FLL)
  • New York (JFK)/Aruba (AUA)
  • New York (JFK)/Santo Domingo (SDQ)
  • New York (JFK)/Santiago (STI)
  • New York (JFK)/Orlando (MCO)
  • New York (JFK)/Nassau (NAS)
  • New York (JFK)/Las Vegas (LAS)
  • New York (JFK)/Punta Cana (PUJ)
  • New York (JFK)/San Diego (SAN)
  • New York (JFK)/Seattle (SEA)
Interesting. The only surprises on there for me are SEA and LAS before LAX/SFO. JetBlue is the only carrier with no first/buisness on those 2 premium transcons and I was under the impression they were very eager to compete against DL/AA/UA/VX with a first class cabin. Then again, SEA-NYC is far less of a blood bath than SFO/LAX. LAS-NYC is pretty well served already.

I know this whole frequency uber alles motto the airlines swear by these days, but I have to wonder. Here at SFO for example, UA wants to turn it into EWR West, but they don't have nearly the slot/gate capability. If routes like SFO-RNO go from 7x RJs back to 4x A319/320s, that right there allows for extra mainline frequencies on other routes or the ability to add a daily flight each to cities like BNA and BDL which should be next on the list. It looks like most majors are starting to take back mainline flying on routes that have been regional for the past decade or so, so hopefully the trend continues.

Interesting. The only surprises on there for me are SEA and LAS before LAX/SFO. JetBlue is the only carrier with no first/buisness on those 2 premium transcons and I was under the impression they were very eager to compete against DL/AA/UA/VX with a first class cabin. Then again, SEA-NYC is far less of a blood bath than SFO/LAX. LAS-NYC is pretty well served already.

I know this whole frequency uber alles motto the airlines swear by these days, but I have to wonder. Here at SFO for example, UA wants to turn it into EWR West, but they don't have nearly the slot/gate capability. If routes like SFO-RNO go from 7x RJs back to 4x A319/320s, that right there allows for extra mainline frequencies on other routes or the ability to add a daily flight each to cities like BNA and BDL which should be next on the list. It looks like most majors are starting to take back mainline flying on routes that have been regional for the past decade or so, so hopefully the trend continues.

Yeah I hope the trend continues. I think it's very interesting that JetBlue is featuring these business class options. I had a pretty lengthy discussion with my B6 interviewer about how the airline's single class, same service across the board method was key to their success. She also spoke about the business model that JetBlue operates. Instead of competing, they explore and open routes up in what they consider "new markets". I wonder how competitive these business class and lay-flat seating configurations will be for those transcontinental routes when it comes to $$.

They mentioned on their blog that they aren't adding extra slots at KJFK (not sure how all of that works so I hope I said it right), so when they replace a slot with a321 equipment, I also wonder what their plans are for the the a320 equipment as far as other new routes.

Never mind my last question, this made sense to me now. #themoreyouknow

Looking again at New York/Orlando, we fly an average of ten flights per day. But we don’t fly ten flights per day because our customers need ten flights per day – we do it because the demand calls for 1,500 seats. With the A321, John can substitute ten A320 flights, for example, with eight A321s – flying the same number of seats but on eight flights a day instead of ten. This opens up two “slots” for John to use for new cities.

EG&G is the only 736 operator in the US I believe. The A318 is going bye at Frontier which is good because its an ugly, stubby ass little airplane.

The 321 wing is essentially a modified 320 wing. There are differences in the fuel system and the Flaps are slotted being the major differences. Spoiler functioning and limitations are slightly different as well.

The winglets let you get up higher sooner leading to fuel savings. Still I think you're talking FL320-340 initially Westbound.

Keep in mind jetBlue is getting roughly 11 of the mixed class aircraft. Yes it's a change in the 1 class paradigm but I think they felt that there was just too much easy money to make on those markets JFK/BOS-LAX/SFO. So at 11 aircraft that's roughly 5% of the fleet, not exactly earth shattering in terms of how JB does business. More of a small adaptation than a change in the biz model.

As far as cramming a lot of seats into the 190, maybe it just appears that way since there's no first class? Still the minimum seat pitch is 32'' which is more than the AirTran 717s or 73's offer. (Not jabbing at you ATN...just giving you an idea of the space). It's fairly comfortable, quiet etc. More of a small mainline feel than a big RJ IMO.

Here's an airbus j/s trick.

If you take the middle jump seat and slide it to the middle and then take the cushion off the 2nd jump seat and the lean the cushion against the closet, baby you've got a couch!

This is the kind of useful advice that keeps me coming back to JC. Who cares about the part of the plane you're not sitting or hopefully sleeping in?

I'd really really love some 737 jumpseat tricks, since that's all I can ride at the moment. I think I'd rather ride in the baggage compartment at this point! haha

I'd really really love some 737 jumpseat tricks, since that's all I can ride at the moment. I think I'd rather ride in the baggage compartment at this point! haha
Ugh. I was up front on a 737-200 the other day with the two pilots, and a 300 pound loadmaster in the middle seat. Talk about cramped.

Back