JC P90X Club

Honestly, I don't remember any part I didn't like. Some were harder than others. I really enjoy the music and the guy is way better than Martha King!
All I have to do is push play... do my best, and forget the rest.
I am already seeing extra muscles in my quads and triceps, very exciting!
:rawk:

Boy did I pay some dues yesterday for the previous days Kenpo. The back kicks created a repeat of a mechanism of injury that happened to my lower left back on the fire service. Except that it cause pretty good tightness in the right side. I took a hot soak after the stretches yesterdayand was concerned that I woulsn't be able to do the workout today, but fortunately was able to recover pretty well. I did the workout, but for any first timers, be very careful about the reverse kicks in the KenpoX.

Whipped today after arms and back, did the ab ripper, hot soak is waiting again....
Bring it!:rawk:

I completed day 12!

The back is still sore, but once I warm up things go well. After it cools down, it hurts again. I will see my alignment guru tomorrow.

I am starting to see some changes. I have maintained the same weight on a 3000 calorie per day diet (up from 2000)

There is new definition in my quads, calfs and triceps. I feel muscles in my abdomen (under the fat layer) but there is an L shape in my midsection that was just puffy before.

I have stuck with the nutrition plan and the program even while traveling.

Things are good, and I am committed! 78 days to go!!!

Ok, I was lifting the weights to bring them in my living room and pulled a muscle in my shoulder.:eek:

Pwn3d. Maybe tomorrow I can get the ball rolling the right way...

OK I cannot do the Kempo...I saw my health guru (somatic therapy)yesterday and he realigned my right hip. Last night I did the modified kicks as he described them to me, and after completeing the routine I was in severe pain. I will need to do cardioX in place of Kempo until my core is strong enough to return to the martial arts portion. I am using the rest day today (according to schedule) but hope to start week three tomorrow.

One of these days I'm going to have to do the plyo workout just for the hell of it to see what everyone always complains about. I do the lean version of the program so plyo isn't part of the schedule. Yoga is still the biggest pain. It's just so long.

One of these days I'm going to have to do the plyo workout just for the hell of it to see what everyone always complains about. I do the lean version of the program so plyo isn't part of the schedule. Yoga is still the biggest pain. It's just so long.
Plyo is a ball buster. Yoga just sucks because it's 90 minutes long...I tend to fizzle out around 50 minutes.

-mini

Plyo is a ball buster. Yoga just sucks because it's 90 minutes long...I tend to fizzle out around 50 minutes.

-mini

When I was doing P90X, I only did the first half (up to the balance poses) of the Yoga exercise, per my coach's recommendation. The balance poses are more for relaxing your muscles and taking soreness away than strength building. I did the full 90 minutes on my "recovery" weeks.

For those of you who have a hard time devoting 60 minutes a day to a workout, you might try "10 Minute Trainer". It's literally 10 minutes, you can "stack" workouts to exercise for 20-30 minutes, and it's actually kind of fun. This is what I've been doing since starting training with the AF because I have to devote more time to running/pushups/situps.

I like to yoga, the balance poses will help with posture, and being sure footed...even with putting on your shoes in the morning!

I had to tak Sunday off due to back strain caused from the Kenpo...so I will do cardio x until my core is strong enough to handle kicks. I am only one day behind on the program.So 74 to go! BRING IT!!!:rawk:

Love the yoga! I've never sweat so much in my life. I can't do all the poses, but it's fun to try, and my boyfriend likes to watch me do all the Downward Dogs. :insane:

Love the yoga! I've never sweat so much in my life. I can't do all the poses, but it's fun to try, and my boyfriend likes to watch me do all the Downward Dogs. :insane:
let's have that picture for the 90 day shot!...LOL:yup:

Good on ya sister, the first time I did the yoga I was soaked within 20 minutes, more than any other workout by far. I never have focused on flexibility before, which is likely why I injured myself at a time when I was benching 298 (3x) and doing 45 minutes at level 7 on the stairmaster.

I am getting some yoga blocks this week before yoga day (tomorrow)

BRING IT!:rawk: ...and remember do your best and forget the rest!

Wait what happened to my P90X thread? This got stickied and mine didn't?!? ;)

I've slacked so much in keeping up with my routine, so at least you are serious! As someone already mentioned, I think it's just the "having the willpower" or discipline that is the hardest part of this program.

I had finished my first 4 weeks before starting my new job, and never did finish up the program. I definitely need to get my butt back in gear!

Wait what happened to my P90X thread? This got stickied and mine didn't?!? ;)

I've slacked so much in keeping up with my routine, so at least you are serious! As someone already mentioned, I think it's just the "having the willpower" or discipline that is the hardest part of this program.

I had finished my first 4 weeks before starting my new job, and never did finish up the program. I definitely need to get my butt back in gear!
sorry dude, had you asked for a sticky?

I just made it a sticky, since I'm a Mod...feel free to join ours!;)

OK I made it through the first three weeks of P90X I definitely am stronger, have better balance and posture and feel more in tune with my body than I have in a looooong time.

Winnie said she noticed a line in my (still tubby) stomach, but it does show up just slightly.

I had an injury to my back after the first week in Kenpo, but kept going while seeing my health guru. The second week in Kenpo I modified, but it was too much and I had to take the stretch/rest day as total rest. I was also on pain meds, ibuprofin and ice and hot soaks. I did not start with week three until Monday after I was adjusted. So I missed one day.

Everything was fine until Thursday, when we received a call that Winnie's father had died at 0400. After that day we were both exhausted so I had to miss a second day. So Monday will be the rest/ stretch day and the end of week 3.

The diet has been interesting. I have been eating 900 calories of protein and a total of 3000 calories a day. I have lost about a pound. I printed up the color coded chart in the nutritional guide and carry it in my back pocket, and just check off each of the servings as I have them. That has worked well.

This week is recovery week...yoga, core, kenpo (I think I will do the plyometrics instead) stretch core yoga stretch/rest.

Bring It!:rawk:

Finished Day 1.

I am sure I will be feeling it tomorrow. I was down to 1 pullup and 5 pushups during the second half, but where I was sweating the most was during the Ab Ripper X.

Enjoying a tasty recovery drink now. Need to figure out some meal plan for tomorrow.

Not sure how easy it will be to continue during Thanksgiving. But I will find a way to Bring It! :rawk:

Finished Day 1.

I am sure I will be feeling it tomorrow. I was down to 1 pullup and 5 pushups during the second half, but where I was sweating the most was during the Ab Ripper X.

Enjoying a tasty recovery drink now. Need to figure out some meal plan for tomorrow.

Not sure how easy it will be to continue during Thanksgiving. But I will find a way to Bring It! :rawk:
Excellent! :rawk:

Ahh...I am so sore from Day 1! I just drank a 6 pack of beer to help ease the pain. I will wait a little while to sober up some and then I will be ready to Bring It!
:beer: funny, I didn't see that in the nutritional information:laff:

I did have some pain meds a little over a weekago...

Going to start the yoga...90 minutes of sweat~!

Back