JC Cyclists.

One last ride before the snow flies again...

Snapseed 23.jpg

Good looking build! That bottle is tight in there!

Yep, I'm going to have to get a smaller one, or put my JBL flip speaker in there and carry a CamelBak. Totally first world problems.

Random, but a guy who photographs and blogs interesting stuff in CO (such a CO job, right??) did a little review of the Klunker but with a coaster brake, which I don't have the balls to ride (I also wanted sliding dropouts in case I ever decide I wanted to run geared instead of single speed).

Required reading for anyone considering buying a specialized

Yep, I'm going to have to get a smaller one, or put my JBL flip speaker in there and carry a CamelBak. Totally first world problems.

Random, but a guy who photographs and blogs interesting stuff in CO (such a CO job, right??) did a little review of the Klunker but with a coaster brake, which I don't have the balls to ride (I also wanted sliding dropouts in case I ever decide I wanted to run geared instead of single speed).

Required reading for anyone considering buying a specialized
Have you come across the Wolftooth B-rad system? You can slide water bottles where you need and mount other accessories to them. I use them on my Salsa since my frame bag gets in the way, pretty slick. Might work great to slide your bottle down just a tad so you can keep the big one as needed. How's the fork feeling?

That's a great write up, good photos too. Would be fun to ride a mtb with a coaster, once upon a I raced with a coaster but that was a different animal altogether.

Thanks for the link to the BRAD, @bike21 . That sounds like something that woukd help.

edit: the fork is glorious. It has about 10mm of flex but the 3.0 tire running at 15psi eats up most things. The fork just helps dampen washboard and packed gravel, and anything that gets through the tire and the fork, the Ti handlebar eats. It is a very smooth ride unless you run over a stump or a rock.

Last edited:
Happy Happy! New Bike Day!

Norco 2021 Torrent. I added Mudhugger fenders and replaced 175 cranks with 170s I had lying around. Bike is pretty much perfect for the PNW. This bike can climb all day in the backcountry and eat tech trails alive or hang at the local jump park:

8C101A9F-0BA2-482A-8430-40CF82FCCC22.jpg
AB9F567C-F26C-43D5-A352-4FED9FD4F614.jpg
IMG_5473.jpg
IMG_5425.jpg

Seeing vidoes like this.. : )......

Then looking at my bike become more and more a weird combination of Dad support vehicle for children’s bike rides on a 3 mile paved trail in a park : |.....

But at least my kids are outside and doing something and not inside melting into a couch playing Xbox.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Seeing vidoes like this.. : )......

Then looking at my bike become more and more a weird combination of Dad support vehicle for children’s bike rides on a 3 mile paved trail in a park : |.....

But at least my kids are outside and doing something and not inside melting into a couch playing Xbox.

So much this. This is why I bought such an expensive bike that goes so slow. Because it's fun to ride. And if it's fun to ride, I'll ride it, which means he'll ride his. Which is what it's all about.

It’s all about the fun.

When I taught surfing I used to tell people the best surfer in the water was the one having the most fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back