JC Cyclists.

Pilotforhire587

Lycra Man
Its summer time again and though I may be a little late on this thread I figured since we never actually got together for a big group ride we could try and keep a post with a milage tracker of the miles we ride on a daily basis when we are home, or on the trainer at the hotels.

It will be cool to keep tabs on everyone to both act as motivation to keep riding into the hottest days of summer and again when it gets cold and to see how you fit compared to the other JC cyclist out there. It would be pretty snazy if at the beginning of each year we planned the milage between a bunch of cities JCer's live in across the country and then ride to beat that number by years end. If this takes off I will start taking suggestions for cities in November to map out a route.

I know we have done weight loss challenges and such, but for many of us we don't need to lose weight. We just need to stay in shape.

If a mod sees this lets get it stickied!

For me I put in 74miles on the road bike over two days on this block of time off. A 44 mile ride on 6/28/11 and a 30 mile ride today 6/30/11.

Heck no. I got myself a Hincapie Jersey and an Pearl Izumi bib. You have got to wear it on the road bikes man, its the only padding between you and a tiny saddle.

Im in. Ill do my best to keep up with it. I think im at 600mi and some change since Feb but havent riddin since late April cause of work. Gotta get back on it now that I'm home.

Sounds like a sweet idea, but I'm off my bike for anywhere from the next 1 to 4 weeks due to an injury I just got while running. It's actually going to keep me from running, climbing OR riding for a while.

I don't have a road bike. But I just picked up a new Scott mountain bike. I got 15 miles in on my wife's Gary fisher mountain the other day. That was rough. I'm 6'4" and her bike has an 18 inch frame.

That makes a little more sense, unless she was like some type of Amazon woman, in which case I would hope to hear that she's rollin' a 29er :)

lol Mountainbiking is ok too, I actually started on and rode mountain competitively. My Madone is a 60cm so I know how you feel being tall. I am 6'5". And yes. Map my ride is how I plan most of my routes. It is an awesome site.

Whatever holmes, ROAD biking is OK, but mountain biking is freakin' AWESOME! :)

For my first piece of evidence, I give you some video from where I used to live:

[yt]WVwc0RqElyQ[/yt]

Whatever holmes, ROAD biking is OK, but mountain biking is freakin' AWESOME! :)

For my first piece of evidence, I give you some video from where I used to live:

[yt]WVwc0RqElyQ[/yt]

dude I love mountain and would go back in a heart beat if I had trails nearby to ride. I just can't beat the convenience of riding out of my drive way for a long ride.

Yeah I'm in the same boat, that's how I ended up with my road bike. But when I move back to Utah...

I have been doing about 100 miles a week on my go-fast bike. My wife has been riding my climb-anything bike (a real gary fisher, not a trek china fisher) until recently, so I haven't been riding it at all. I recently inherited an old peugoet uo8 which I'm converting to single speed and cleaning up. That's gotten me on a vintage restoration kick and I find myself looking for $20 raleighs, peugoets, and panasonics at garage sales with an eye on ss conversions or upgrading to modern gear. I love urban beaters, even if it's too hot to ride them practically 4 months a year here in north texas. I have a $100schwinn that I won at a grocery store which I'm looking at hacking up and turning into a longbody, like a long haul trucker or a big dummy. Until I get that figured out I use it as a grocery getter since it has a rack on the tail.

I'm down! I no longer keep a log since the racing days are over for now, but I'll try to keep up by posting what my GPS says when I take it. Did some great rides this last week both road & mountain. Wife went OTB on a techy drop she has been wanting to try for a long time. She landed it, but may have grabbed front brake and over she went. I was stoked she tried it though, it has been taunting her for a long time! Ahh good times.

2 group crashes in the opening day of the Tour.

Contador finished over a minute back! Can't stand the guy....

Back