Japan Airlines

A1TAPE

Has anyone ever heard of foreign carriers hiring FAA Aircraft Dispatchers? Such as Japan Airlines or British Airways?

Has anyone ever heard of foreign carriers hiring FAA Aircraft Dispatchers? Such as Japan Airlines or British Airways?

I vaguely remember korean airlines having a dispatch posting to work at lax a couple years ago but details on that are very weak so someone else may know more.

I think pretty much every airline worthy of the name has some kind of Dispatch-related function, although they may not call them that.

I have heard that lot of foreign airlines will hire people with an FAA dispatch license to work at US airports and get the flight plan and stuff ready for the crew. I’ve never researched those jobs much though, so not sure how common they are, or how much they pay and what benefits they offer (I would guess that those dispatchers are not in CASS, though.)

Also, I know some of the Middle Eastern carriers used to hire expat dispatchers to work for them…I remember hearing about a position in Bahrain a couple years back. I’ve also heard of Cayman Island Airways hiring expats…but It’s not something I follow closely, either. I would think that for the actual NOC facility, most foreign airlines would probably try and hire citizens first if they can. I do remember seeing an dispatcher opening for QANTAS posted on their web site several years ago, and I had a co-worker put in for it to see what happened - he got a TBNT very quickly.

I saw that Korean post for a dispatcher in LAX too. I think I saw something for Turkish and or Swiss Air in the NY area. I can't remember which. The Korean post required fluency in Korean.

I know Swiss has/had dispatchers who work at JFK to prepare releases for the long haul flights in the CONUS. I believe they also had contracts with other airlines as well.

Air France has a Dispatcher position at their OCC in Paris. KLM has an OCC in Amsterdam. Never seen a posting for either though. Heres a video on Air France Dispatch and a different one on KLM Dispatch...

(Air France OCC)

(KLM OCC)

Im pretty sure i read somewhere Air France uses Delta Air Lines Dispatcher School to train their Dispatchers. Cant remember where i heard that from though. Mightve been in this forum.

Last edited:
Most carriers use residents when available. I’ve in the past checked into Qantas and Vivian Australia. (I have a thing for Australian accents). Some of the Middle East carriers are known for hiring expats. But, form personal experience, it’s not as lucrative as it once was. But if you’re searching adventure it could be fun. Unfortunately those parts of the world can be expensive to live.

Back