Is it just a little boy's dream or a real job?

There are plenty of pilots who made it and are doing very well right now, for some reason they don't post much on this forum though. All I see here is a bunch of pilots who whine about unions and low pay.

We're just trying to prepare you for the experience you will have in any crewroom and flightdeck out there. Welcome to the airlines! :rolleyes:

"Again, You will have to work to get to where you want to be. You will have to live poor sometimes but eventually if you really want it bad enough you will get to the position you want to be."

I once made $600/mo, six days a week, and had to clean toilets. I stuck with it.....

No, it isn't. This is my story:

I've always wanted to be an airline pilot. As a little boy, growing up in Riviera Beach, FL, when television would go off at night, TV stations showed military aircraft while playing the National Anthem. After the anthem, a narrator would say the poem "High Flight". At the end, when they are showing the fighter pilot sitting in the cockpit with his sunshield down, the narrator would say those words that stuck with me for the rest of my life...."and I will slip the surly bonds of earth...reach out and touch the Face of God". In the great wisdom & innocent understanding of a 5-6 year old, I equated being a pilot with literally being able to "reach out and touch the FACE of GOD! I know who gave me the desire to fly.

atp

Back