Ins and outs of air cargo

How come there is no flow thru between the FedEx feeders and mainline FedEx? Those guys are the obvious choice when hiring pilots at mainline FedEx?

How come there is no flow thru between the FedEx feeders and mainline FedEx? Those guys are the obvious choice when hiring pilots at mainline FedEx?
1. There is a big USAF culture at FedEx.
2. If you're hired from a feeder to FedEx, not only does FedEx have to pay for your sim at FedEx but pay again for a sim for the guy hired to replace you. They're cheap.

1.) Don't go missed ever.
2.) The quickest way to point A-B is direct all the time, every time.
3.) Show up at the airport looking like hell, extra points if you get mistaked as a rampie.
4.) Plan to park as far away as possible from the FBO so they can hide your eyesore.
5.) Pillage all the free food/drink as possible in the FBO. Extra points if you make two out of three meals in a day popcorn and coffee.
6.) Cone your airplane with 28 cones.
7.) When in doubt add power.
8.) Redline is more of a guideline then a limitation.
9.) The more GPWS warnings you get on an approach the better.
10.) Above all wear the safety vest.

Is that not what we're talking about with is title? :)

Some of these are jokes, chillax in advance.

1. There is a big USAF culture at FedEx.
2. If you're hired from a feeder to FedEx, not only does FedEx have to pay for your sim at FedEx but pay again for a sim for the guy hired to replace you. They're cheap.

How expensive can a Caravan sim be? It sounds like mainline FedEx doesn't want feeder "trash" taking newhire slots from their military buds.

im in limited typing mode right now so more to follow, but i will just say for now that when i was on demand in the mitsi, the pc12 kicked our ass on cost as well as volume and door size. and these were companies that HAD to be paying a note on the thing. its sinfully easy to fly and its efficient as hell. would i rather have a mitsi? YES. but the thing does a job real well.

How expensive can a Caravan sim be? It sounds like mainline FedEx doesn't want feeder "trash" taking newhire slots from their military buds.
I haven't heard about UPS taking any "feeder trash" as new hires either. You would think it would make sense since we do know the UPS system better than others.

Back