Industry Turn

And @Cherokee_Cruiser

Dude has 3700 people under him now and is 21% in base as a 757/767 FO.

He will retire as the number 4 pilot in the company.

I’d say he’s doing alright.

@Dacuj so Swayne has 3,700 people under him at United already. 21% as a 757/767 FO at ORD.

What would he be holding at AA right now, had he stayed at Envoy. Because posters in this thread are implying he'd still be at Envoy and not yet have had the chance to flow to AA.

Are you admitting that is true?

I feel like it's terribly miopic to talk about any airline in the terms this poster is using. We are all just a force majeur away from another lost decade, cascading bankruptcies, and decade long furloughs. No airline, no matter how powerful, no matter how many widebodies, no matter how little debt, is immune. We should be humble and gracious when talking with our colleagues at other airlines large and small because, but for the grace of god, there go I.

I'm happy for the young pilots who started flying a decade or less ago and are already at their destination carriers. I hope that they follow airline history and prepare for the unexpected - the gods of aviation misfortune can be unforgiving. During one lengthy furlough my former pilot group suffered a surprising number of divorce, lost homes, and even suicide - all caused by pilots who projected their earnings forward and bought houses, cars, and other toys they couldn't afford to keep when the music stopped.

American is a great company and I still have many friends there. I wouldn't wish them ill. But if I were working there, I'd be reticent to throw stones. It wouldn't take much to break the glass house.

CHRISTMAS CAME EARLY BOYS!

D1885B59-9A05-4B54-9805-CA189D99E0B7.gif

@Dacuj so Swayne has 3,700 people under him at United already. 21% as a 757/767 FO at ORD.

What would he be holding at AA right now, had he stayed at Envoy. Because posters in this thread are implying he'd still be at Envoy and not yet have had the chance to flow to AA.

Are you admitting that is true?
He’d be holding E175 captain in ORD…but making more money if he was a LCA!!! Can’t believe he left. Totally stupid short sided move on his part.

Enjoy your Aperol Spritz in Dubrovnik loser… /s

I don’t think anyone should waste a moment thinking what this brain dead company bot thinks.
Honestly it is good to show counterpoints. New people do come on here and if they have aspirations for a specific legacy they should read more than just propaganda from a recruiter. I have found a lot of recruiters (mostly regional recruiters) tend to twist information a lot. Kind of like the Army recruiter that told me about them having more fixed wing aircraft than the Air Force.

Honestly it is good to show counterpoints. New people do come on here and if they have aspirations for a specific legacy they should read more than just propaganda from a recruiter. I have found a lot of recruiters (mostly regional recruiters) tend to twist information a lot. Kind of like the Army recruiter that told me about them having more fixed wing aircraft than the Air Force.

I had one tell me that I would get “plenty of stick time as a mechanic in the Air Force” to qualify for a job as an airline pilot upon separation.

For starters, Swayne wouldn't be flying a 76 or 330 at AA as they no longer have either frame. And for the first part of your question, Swayne made a huge mistake in leaving AA. That's my opinion and many others I know as well. I think he capitalized on what Envoy so graciously allowed him to do in an assist to the recruiting team. You could go as far as the phrase, "stabbed in the back" if you cared to utilize the term. It describes what I think he did in his unique situation. Sure, he's flying a widebody, but his seniority would have moved up so much more quickly at AA when you compare apples to apples with the retirements of both carriers. We all know this is an unprecedented time in airline aviation. Your best and safest bet has always been Envoy. PSA and Piedmont to a "much" lesser degree. They are wholly owned sure, but they were brought over with the merger in that way. If you want a further opinion on that, I think that with the staffing troubles they are having, along with the outdated aircraft they fly, they might find themselves shuttered in the future. Again, just my opinion so take it for you think it's worth.
1699755896865.jpeg

Back