In the year 2000....complex aircraft.

Douglas

Old School KSUX
Any other CFIs looking around and wondering what airplane we will be using 20 years from now as a complex trainer!

Mooney Type S? probably not.
Bonanza? good chance
Saratoga? Another possibility.

Cessna doesn't make an RG anymore.
Piper has the saratoga in production.
Beech has the beautiful Bonanza.
Cirrus, nope.
Tiger, nope.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Piper is still making the Arrow. For some reason I thought that they discontinued that.
Thread over.
Threat over.

Do your complex in combination with multi. That's a pretty common way these days.

I imagine we will be doing the complex training in the same aircraft we are now, only they will be twenty years older.

As far as new airplanes, I predict that we will move towards simulated complex aircraft. I know that a few years ago, Diamond considered adding a gear handle to the DA-40. The gear handle would be connected to an air brake that would extend and add drag when you "lowered" the gear. I presume that it would also have a CFI-controllable failure mode and emergency extension procedure. I think it's a pretty good idea myself. Students could get their complex training from day one, with no risk of a gear-up landing and no need for a separate complex aircraft and the insurance rates that go with it.

1968 Piper Arrow with old Nav/Coms.

Remember the old line. The more things change the more they stay the same.

I think at some point the FAA will revisit the complex requirement. Just as a high performance endorsement is not required, maybe someday soon a complex will not be either. But one would still be needed to act as PIC of a complex/high performance.

Just a thought..

I think at some point the FAA will revisit the complex requirement. Just as a high performance endorsement is not required, maybe someday soon a complex will not be either. But one would still be needed to act as PIC of a complex/high performance.

Just a thought..
there is possibly going to be a change to 141 regs in a few months to reflect that and complex will no longer be required. I am hoping it doesn't change, but my school is and from the business standpoint i can understand. older A/C are MX pigs

Any other CFIs looking around and wondering what airplane we will be using 20 years from now as a complex trainer!

Mooney Type S? probably not.
Bonanza? good chance
Saratoga? Another possibility.

Cessna doesn't make an RG anymore.
Piper has the saratoga in production.
Beech has the beautiful Bonanza.
Cirrus, nope.
Tiger, nope.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Piper is still making the Arrow. For some reason I thought that they discontinued that.
Thread over.
Threat over.
i love the picture on this page, http://www.newpiper.com/aircraft/arrow/default.asp that a/c doesn't look that good anymore, i flew it 2 days ago

Really, their company website doesn't say anything about the PA-32R getting axed?

It was talked about by Piper's CEO at NBAA. I know he said the Saratoga was done, and I think he said the PA-28 series is also done. I am not sure about the Seneca and Seminole.

Alex.

That is a huge production line reduction.
If the -28 -32 -34 -44 get axed, that only leaves the -46 and the VLJ.

That is a huge production line reduction.
If the -28 -32 -34 -44 get axed, that only leaves the -46 and the VLJ.
-44 and -34 are staying AFAIK

piper wants out of the training business which is why UND is switching to 172's

Back