In case anyone was wondering...

EatSleepFly

I am sitting at home waiting to go back down to FL to take my aircraft checkride before I go on to IOE. It was supposed to be last week, but they had a big scheduling snafu, so they sent us F/O's home. Not sure what happened to the CA upgrades that were in my class, but I saw today that they all got displaced back to F/O's in different aircraft, so I imagine they are headed back to the schoolhouse for long term again soon.
frown.gif

Its getting pretty discouraging- there were 120 some odd displacements "awarded" (er...sentenced?) today. Those of us hired after May 2002 aren't protected from furlough due to flowbacks. So unfortunately, I'm keeping my resume handy and making lots of backup plans since it looks like my time on the line might be short. If its not, great...but I want to be prepared just in case. This has been a crash course in the inner workings of the airline industry, thats for sure.
smirk.gif

ESF, I wish you well with whatever does happen (and hopefully soon). Did they give you any idea as to when your checkride may begin? Does it look like there are more flowbacks coming? That has got to be frustrating to make it through groundschool and then get pushed back or delayed. Liek you said keep the resumes handy. Have you sent one out to XJT? It seems like it is becoming JetCareers hiring airline of choice. They seem to be hiring by the truck load. Good Luck in whatever route you take.

- jim

[ QUOTE ]
ESF, I wish you well with whatever does happen (and hopefully soon). Did they give you any idea as to when your checkride may begin? Does it look like there are more flowbacks coming? That has got to be frustrating to make it through groundschool and then get pushed back or delayed. Liek you said keep the resumes handy. Have you sent one out to XJT? It seems like it is becoming JetCareers hiring airline of choice. They seem to be hiring by the truck load. Good Luck in whatever route you take.

- jim

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Jim and Amber. There are lots more flowbacks coming...not exactly sure how many though. The more that come, the better my chances of getting the boot. When they stop hiring, I will really start to get worried.

As for my checkride, its scheduled for this coming Saturday night, and I should start IOE a week from today. I was supposed to be online by now, but for whatever reason they are having trouble scheduling things. Hopefully its not them leaving us in limbo until they decide if they're even going to bother putting us through IOE.

I did re-apply at XJT. I got a call for an interview from them back when I was just about to leave for class at Eagle, so I turned it down. Wish I hadn't now, but hopefully they'll call back. They would be much better for me anyways, as I could eventually be based in CLE, which is where I live now and wouldn't mind staying. In any case, I'm probably going to take my first decent opportunity to get out of here.

Keep this job, its always easier to get another one when you have one, BUT KEEP APPLYING ELSEWHERE....Eagle doesnt seem to be getting any better.

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, they rescinded my offer. No Eagle for me. Back to Tomahawks and Seminoles.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTFO?!?!?!?

They completely recinded the offer, as in you'd have to go through the whole interview & crap again, or they're just not putting you in class right away?

How unbelievable frustrating!

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, they rescinded my offer. No Eagle for me. Back to Tomahawks and Seminoles.

[/ QUOTE ]

well the bastards!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WTFO?!?!?!?

They completely recinded the offer, as in you'd have to go through the whole interview & crap again, or they're just not putting you in class right away?

How unbelievable frustrating!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, they told me that the captains' review board denied my file. But rumor has it they're only running one more class, starting Monday, and then no more hiring. I told them I couldn't be available until the 18th. So, since they don't give you a reason for your demise, I choose to believe it's because there is no class for me. So yes, should I still want Eagle, I'd have to reapply in six months.

Well, considering I was using Eagle to get time to go to a better airline, I'll not sweat it too much. I'm working on ideas for getting some extra instrument time, and putting resumes out to other places.

[ QUOTE ]
Well, they told me that the captains' review board denied my file. But rumor has it they're only running one more class, starting Monday, and then no more hiring. I told them I couldn't be available until the 18th. So, since they don't give you a reason for your demise, I choose to believe it's because there is no class for me. So yes, should I still want Eagle, I'd have to reapply in six months.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhh, that CAs board crap. I got my flight instructor an interview with Eagle last spring. He had a letter of recommendation from the ORD cheif pilot. He did the interview, sim, CAs board & medical. He was sent home with a letter that said he had a conditional offer of employement. When he called for his class date he was told he had failed the CAs board.

I can't believe this is happening again! This makes two pilots Eagle should be thankful to have that they sent away because of the CAs board! Bull-Freakin'-Crap!!!!!

I don't know what the method to the CA Board's madness is. Two guys that I interviewed with who got conditional offers were rejected by the CA's Board. I know at least one of them was as straight a shooter as they come. Great guy, lots of good flight experience...no reason at all that he shouldn't be at Eagle. Heck, I thought for sure that I would get rejected before he did. Same for you, jdflight, I'm sure. But anyways, as of very recently, this place is looking less and less like a place anyone should want to be, so I wouldn't sweat it.

Back