If you're thinking about working at Atlas, check this out first...

I didn't need to see those crew meals right before lunch..... :confused:

vomit.gif

Management wants to combine a bankruptcy CBA with an arbitrated CBA. Two below industry standard CBAs to make one very well below industry standard CBA. They do not value their pilot groups. They are not willing to negotiate in good faith. There are many issues at Atlas that need to be addressed. The website above mentions a few, but the bottom line is that anyone applying at atlas should know you will be engaging in a long drawn out battle with management. A battle they began, and a battle they could easily end simply by negotiating with the union for a FAIR CBA.

Management wants to combine a bankruptcy CBA with an arbitrated CBA. Two below industry standard CBAs to make one very well below industry standard CBA. They do not value their pilot groups. They are not willing to negotiate in good faith. There are many issues at Atlas that need to be addressed. The website above mentions a few, but the bottom line is that anyone applying at atlas should know you will be engaging in a long drawn out battle with management. A battle they began, and a battle they could easily end simply by negotiating with the union for a FAIR CBA.

So essentially the same issue at literally ever single airline. I could deal with the same thing for regional pay, or deal with the same thing for 225% of what I make at the regional.

So essentially the same issue at literally ever single airline. I could deal with the same thing for regional pay, or deal with the same thing for 225% of what I make at the regional.
They want to reduce the current CBA below what it is now. Name any other airline that has a management actively pursuing that in today's market. Delta, SWA, etc just turned down contracts that had gains in them. At atlas we are fighting to keep what we currently have.

This is not the regional level.

Last edited:
So rather then bring southern up to atlas standards they want to take atlas down to southern , below, standards. That about rihht?
That would be the sensible thing right? To bring Southern that employs only 270 pilots up to what Atlas' 1300 pilots have... You would think a company that is already making millions on the current CBA and has any regard for their company's front-line employees they would do this "one simple trick".... But no. They would rather amalgamate the contracts in an effort to a) combine two crap contracts into an even worse contract and b) delay any serious negotiations until the market swings back into their favor.

By the way, they announced the merger the day negotiations for a new contract at Atlas were set to open. That was a gut punch.

Last edited:
This is not the regional level.
Nope, it isn't. Sadly it has a very similar model. A union at a company built primarily on contract work will always have to fight tooth and nail for improvements. Once they get too expensive they wont win as many contracts or the profit margins will be so low that meaningful improvements become impossible.

Nope, it isn't. Sadly it has a very similar model. A union at a company built primarily on contract work will always have to fight tooth and nail for improvements. Once they get too expensive they wont win as many contracts or the profit margins will be so low that meaningful improvements become impossible.

We get that. This is to be informational for those thinking about or currently applying.

But that isn't the case at Atlas, all the pilots are asking for is our far share of the pie.

But that isn't the case at Atlas, all the pilots are asking for is our far share of the pie.
Especially when they can buy airlines and pay 100 million dollar price rigging injunctions with CASH ON HAND.

Divide 210million by 1300.....and we're not even asking for that much.

Especially when they can buy airlines and pay 100 million dollar price rigging injunctions with CASH ON HAND.

Divide 210million by 1300.....and we're not even asking for that much.
Eh, what? That's not how business or even personal finance works.

I hear ya. You guys deserve some major improvements.

I just mentioned it because it could be a limiting factor in the future.

Eh, what? That's not how business or even personal finance works.
I'm not saying that's how it works. I'm saying they can afford it.

The company is beyond prosperous. They're better than "doing ok". When you have enough money to pay for a settlement and purchase an airline, all with cash in the same year, there isn't a question of whether you can take care of your employees AND still take care of the interests of the shareholders. The company can afford to grow WITH their employees. And not take the path they are currently taking and have taken in the past with these draconian Larenzo tactics... But then again when has Atlas management ever not used Larenzo tactics.

Last edited:
Back