I hate jfk

Goddamned 3rd world airport. 9 hours to fly from Istanbul to NY, 3 hours to clear customs, get my luggage, take shuttle to terminal 8, take air train to Jamaica. Then I miss my train by 7 min and now have to wait 53 min for the next one to take an hour eighteen min train ride home. • Long Island. Plane landed at 530 and I won’t be home til almost 10 and I only live 38 • miles away. /endrant
I don not miss the Jamaica transfer!

“Air Traffic Controller looses it at the parking garage!”

Attachments

• IMG_3595.jpeg
    IMG_3595.jpeg
    86.9 KB · Views: 18
What was he bringing through Customs. Even mobile passport control lets the foreigners in faster these days…
This is what I used until I received global entry for free with my Amex. It's the hidden gem that no one knows about.

Global Entry - You're welcome.

I sent in my application for renewal of my NEXUS/Global Entry a couple months ago. NEXUS is clutch for the land crossing to Canada and it comes with Global Entry.

Anyway since I applied more than a year out I get an extra year on my old NEXUS/Global Entry. Due to the fact that it’s over a year wait for renewal. Not sure if new applicants have to wait longer, but I wouldn’t be surprised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sent in my application for renewal of my NEXUS/Global Entry a couple months ago. NEXUS is clutch for the land crossing to Canada and it comes with Global Entry.

Anyway since I applied more than a year out I get an extra year on my old NEXUS/Global Entry. Due to the fact that it’s over a year wait for renewal. Not sure if new applicants have to wait longer, but I wouldn’t be surprised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Got mine renewed in 11.5 months.

Now it’s Turkish delight, on a moonlit night

Lolz. Some cities are so etched into my brain because of pop culture, I can't help but say what goes along with it...

"Istanbul, not Constantinople":
View: https://youtu.be/0XlO39kCQ-8?si=-1JGkEOF0BnY7NKO

"Train don't run out of Wichita, lessen you're a hog or a cattle":

View: https://youtu.be/-bTPnwTgd60?si=FM-WreX9GhUWbWYI

And, of course: "Mee-lee-wau-kay,

View: https://youtu.be/nRCTc6stICc?si=As5waRRG_1KnKH7I

Goddamned 3rd world airport. 9 hours to fly from Istanbul to NY, 3 hours to clear customs, get my luggage, take shuttle to terminal 8, take air train to Jamaica. Then I miss my train by 7 min and now have to wait 53 min for the next one to take an hour eighteen min train ride home. • Long Island. Plane landed at 530 and I won’t be home til almost 10 and I only live 38 • miles away. /endrant
Sorry for your troubles. That sounds painful. And I really do empathize.

Yet, the underlying question remains, if you had landed somewhere else and YOU missed your train by 7 min, would you hate that place?

Me? I'm not a hater. I'd just loudly blame the gub'mint and all the libtards for not allowing "Murica to be made great again. But... that's just me.

I'm not sure it's a fact, but maybe the good news here is... the train was operating on schedule. ??? IDK.

Last edited:
Back