I guess Boeing didn't learn from 787 problems!

Seattle is where it should happen. But if this is only a threat, I can see Boeing's logic. Costs are nearly out of control in the Puget Sound. This could bring some costs under control.

…because it worked so great for the 787.

Design it in SEA. Build it in SEA. It should be an airplane, not a darned Pandora bracelet.
It would be hard to do now that Boeing sold a lot of land and buildings.

The scary thing is the Moscow design center getting more work.

I like it... Potentially more work for:

Boeing_747-400LCF_Dreamlifter.jpg

…because it worked so great for the 787.

Design it in SEA. Build it in SEA. It should be an airplane, not a darned Pandora bracelet.

They couldn't keep HQ in SEA, just hope the work can stay in the US. Remember 737 sections on rail cars in KC in years past.

Seattle is where it should happen. But if this is only a threat, I can see Boeing's logic. Costs are nearly out of control in the Puget Sound. This could bring some costs under control.

They never have the money to do it right the first time, but no problem finding money to fix it 4 or 5 times later. The 787 is now something like 4X over the initial budget. Boy did they save money outsourcing all of that...Not.

This management disaster has now ensured that the 777x continues the debacle that is Boeing now.

Not for outsourcing American jobs to other countries. If SEA is too expensive then why not just expand the South Carolina plant?

They are ramping up the S. Carolina plant. And the article talked about the possibility of 777X being built there. Engineering work and parts will be made out of the country, that not really in question. I think the thing in question is where it will be built. That's what the brewing fight is about.

They couldn't keep HQ in SEA, just hope the work can stay in the US. Remember 737 sections on rail cars in KC in years past.

737 Fuselage comes out of the old Wichita plant, now Spirit Aerosystems. 757 tube was set to move there too before they decided to kill it (same size). Its rail car'd to Renton, and sometimes shows up without Bullet holes :)

All the 41 secitons (nose) for all models comes out of Spirit as well, though they go in enclosed rail containers.

From 15 years expereince, its a move to tell SPEEA to STFU. Not a real good relationship between the Engineering Union and Management over the years.

737 Fuselage comes out of the old Wichita plant, now Spirit Aerosystems. 757 tube was set to move there too before they decided to kill it (same size). Its rail car'd to Renton, and sometimes shows up without Bullet holes :)

All the 41 secitons (nose) for all models comes out of Spirit as well, though they go in enclosed rail containers.

From 15 years expereince, its a move to tell SPEEA to STFU. Not a real good relationship between the Engineering Union and Management over the years.
10 or 15 years ago when my dad was the manager for the single isles he had to ride on the train to see why they were getting so much damage (besides bullet holes). Because of all the shooting they rode in an armoured caboose for a week travelling up to Renton. Damage came from a tunnel or bridge IIIRC

10 or 15 years ago when my dad was the manager for the single isles he had to ride on the train to see why they were getting so much damage (besides bullet holes). Because of all the shooting they rode in an armoured caboose for a week travelling up to Renton. Damage came from a tunnel or bridge IIIRC

Was always interesting coming in some mornings and see them stacked up on the side rail waiting for pick up, then again, I don't miss Kansas :)

"Sir? The rivets aren't lining up"

"No worries comrade, we will account for that in the 'drag factor' in the FMS"
You know, as long as it comes out as durable as the Tu-154 (which you can apparently gear up, jack up with airbags, drop the gear, and fly out), that might not be such a bad thing.

However, I don't like seeing the "death by a thousand cuts" happening to a lot of my childhood friends up there.

Back