I guess Boeing didn't learn from 787 problems!

I know a guy who quit Boeing recently. He was in charge of quality assurance for the 777. He was given basic training and was told that he would learn the rest of the job, pretty much the "quality assurance" part, from peer training. After 3 weeks, mounds of parts to sign off and not one "peer" to train him, he resigned.

They never have the money to do it right the first time, but no problem finding money to fix it 4 or 5 times later. The 787 is now something like 4X over the initial budget. Boy did they save money outsourcing all of that...Not.

This management disaster has now ensured that the 777x continues the debacle that is Boeing now.
Good point. I simply meant that this strategy may save them money. But in the end it will only save them money if they use this to bargain Seattle into lower costs. If they outsource, ya, its going to be a debacle!

If Boeing would put an ounce of work into QUALITY CONTROL they would be just fine. Perhaps I'm just being too critical. Hopefully they learned from the 787. You can build an airplane all over the world and put it together in SC or wherever, but if you can't flipping be bothered to check and see what type of rivets they send you before you slam them home in the fuselage I've got no sympathy in the bucket for ya. Yeah, China built the rivets for much less than what anyone else would, but they weren't even close to what you ordered were they? That's ok, nothing ventured nothing gained right?

If Boeing would put an ounce of work into QUALITY CONTROL they would be just fine. Perhaps I'm just being too critical. Hopefully they learned from the 787. You can build an airplane all over the world and put it together in SC or wherever, but if you can't flipping be bothered to check and see what type of rivets they send you before you slam them home in the fuselage I've got no sympathy in the bucket for ya. Yeah, China built the rivets for much less than what anyone else would, but they weren't even close to what you ordered were they? That's ok, nothing ventured nothing gained right?

Huh? Where's this coming from?

Huh? Where's this coming from?
Years ago, giant fiasco. You can google it still fairly easily I'd imagine. Lot of angry phone calls off that bit of laziness.

I used to say the new airline business model would be to find a way to get of the pilots, FAs, mechanics, planes and passengers and just sell tickets online. In effect, find a way to fet the customer to pay for absolutely nothing. Boeing is scarey sometimes in their belief things will just *work out* and "we havent found a solution but we are getting close" crap followed by an epic delay everyone saw coming.

What exactly did boeing not learn? That nobody cares about union busting tactics and orders for the aircraft will still come in?

Way to go unions!
Why do you think the unions are at fault for any of this?

What exactly did boeing not learn? That nobody cares about union busting tactics and orders for the aircraft will still come in?
Well that goes without saying. Union busting is good sport in the USA, somehow though the less union members there are the more responsible they become for every problem out there.

To be serious, Boeing better have learned how to control quality on a worldwide supply chain. What's been saving their bacon this go around is the 787 is the future, and there's no where else to go with the orders (Airbus still has a paper airplane). At least that's my read of the land.

Reactions: TWP
They couldn't keep HQ in SEA, just hope the work can stay in the US. Remember 737 sections on rail cars in KC in years past.

737 fuselages are still rolling thru KC on a regular basis. I see them on about 2 trains a week and the most I've seen on one train is 5. The enclosed cars carrying other sections are usually with them and they're always on the front of the train.

But this time, it will be different. We learned our lessons from the last incident and we'll do better this time. That's what management will say, and the clowns that pass for our financial press will eat that crap up and run with it.

Way to go unions!
Why do you think the unions are at fault for any of this?

Well that goes without saying. Union busting is good sport in the USA, somehow though the less union members there are the more responsible they become for every problem out there.

To be serious, Boeing better have learned how to control quality on a worldwide supply chain. What's been saving their bacon this go around is the 787 is the future, and there's no where else to go with the orders (Airbus still has a paper airplane). At least that's my read of the land.

Guys, he's just being facetious.

Turns out, the Airbus product is better, and pays employees more to do all the manufacturing. Oddly enough, they aren't as subsidized as people claim. Especially as compared to the Boeing / ExIm bank abortion.

Guys, he's just being facetious.

Turns out, the Airbus product is better, and pays employees more to do all the manufacturing. Oddly enough, they aren't as subsidized as people claim. Especially as compared to the Boeing / ExIm bank abortion.

You mean how we loan money to foreign airlines, whoops, I mean governments to turn around and buy Boeing products to compete with American carriers? Say it ain't so, Joe! :)

You mean how we loan money to foreign airlines, whoops, I mean governments to turn around and buy Boeing products to compete with American carriers? Say it ain't so, Joe! :)
But but but, Norweigan is hiring US flight attendants to do their US-EU routes. Yeah, its just to bypass the unions and higher pay of their Nordic crews, but, jobs!

But but but, Norweigan is hiring US flight attendants to do their US-EU routes. Yeah, its just to bypass the unions and higher pay of their Nordic crews, but, jobs!

Funny, we have lost a contract flight to these guys, Air Madagascar used to rent a 340 for the CDG to Antananarivo flight, we lost it to a Finnish company I think...

Back