I guess Boeing didn't learn from 787 problems!

Building an airplane is now (and has been since the 90s) a process based on an unrealistic timeline, purposefully unrealistic, and then sticking to it. It is absurd, everyone knows it, but they believe that they have to work a schedule that is -by design-impossible. It borders on doublethink from Orwells 1984. Nothingmakes sense with these clowns anymore. Doesnt matter which manufacturer it is.

You are going to have to move that date out a bit. The 777 certified on the day that it had been scheduled on (May 1995) four years earlier, with the very first dual FAA / EASA cert, and ETOPS out of the box. It was expensive, and Boeing swore then that it would never happen again. And it never has. Every single thing they have touched since that time has been late, problematic, and ultimately over budget. But they saved money up front.

You are going to have to move that date out a bit. The 777 certified on the day that it had been scheduled on (May 1995) four years earlier, with the very first dual FAA / EASA cert, and ETOPS out of the box. It was expensive, and Boeing swore then that it would never happen again. And it never has. Every single thing they have touched since that time has been late, problematic, and ultimately over budget. But they saved money up front.
Well then they were behind the times. Beech Aircraft (Starship 2000 for instance) pioneered that particular scheduling M.O. since the late 80's and everyone else in Wichita was on the same page. Those flinty Northwesterners, trying to be all realistic. They were being silly really.

It's just a matter of time before Embraer jumps in to this market. Brush up on your Portuguese.

That has never been their strategy (gap filling), they only move into segments where they can become leaders as others have lost their shine, if they will make it into the 130 seats market they will not be able to compete with Airbus anyway, it`s just not possible numbers speaking. They are the world third AC maker, but again they do not have the capital or infrastructure (their plant is smaller then the Cessna one) for the jump to the wide bodies, with the current Brazilian economy slowing day by day I don't see money coming from anywhere.

Interesting is that only two (low cost) out of the many, many Brazilian airlines fly Embraers, the third one just gave up on them and went all French. Why try to re-invent the wheel when it's already there?

Ummmm... no. YOU snapped a fresh picture of one of the first Delta 739ER's and posted it in a thread you can do the same here.
Dude, don't roofie me, and call it romance!
I got night exposures from the ramp tower of the -900 doing a DTW turn here on its first day of rev service. I'll PM you the link when I edit them if you want.

I got night exposures from the ramp tower of the -900 doing a DTW turn here on its first day of rev service. I'll PM you the link when I edit them if you want.
I was on the 1130 flight Monday morning out of SFO going to DTW. I must say I like the overhead bins. After that it's a really long 737 or a 757 same tube.

I was on the 1130 flight Monday morning out of SFO going to DTW. I must say I like the overhead bins. After that it's a really long 737 or a 757 same tube.

And I'm sure it was totally worth what you had to do to get into position for that flight.

:eek:

And I'm sure it was totally worth what you had to do to get into position for that flight.

:eek:
Did you see the pictures? At least it was in good company. If it was with DV or someone like that I would be in MSP at a meeting. :)

From the outside, the lights look more sharp, cabin lights looked nice thru the windows, guessing it has the Sky interior.

amorris311 said:
Not having to jam a fully loaded Stealth into the bin is nice!

After commuting on the -400s only to and from work, getting to ride on the -900ER is pretty awesome. The cabin is quiet, and roomy. The sky interior is pretty sweet too.

I wondered if they balked. Seems like if you want to work for SC wages in sea with no pension it is better to just go work for SC wages in SC.

I wish Boeing would get their shizzle together. Those French guys sure build a nice aircraft.

Back