Howdy! 17 year old living his dream...

I am truly impressed with what you have accomplished and your drive to be successful. I wish more people were like you. There's no doubt you will do well. Just believe in yourself and make it happen. The world belongs to those who hustle, and you've definitely got that figured out.

Thank you

Alaska is a great place to work as an A&P I have several friends from there or who are wanting to work there. There are a lot of internship opportunities in Alaska if you search for them before you get your A&P. PM me if you want any suggestions. Also Roger Roger works up in Alaska he would be a great source of information I think.

Keep following your dreams. This is one of the most exciting industries to be in.:)

I pmed you.

Last night I applied to university of Alaska. :)

I'm looking into there aviation program piloting and A/P

So I'm making the decision to try to head to Alaska after I graduate high school.

It's hard to know how there programs are especially being in Michigan I search the web and saw some good an bad.

I like what this video shares.. Some info of Alaska University's aviation program.
Sent them my transcript yesterday

Congrats. I wish I could've had opportunities like this when I was younger. Glad to see someone out there gets to live their dream.

Hey fellow pilots... Hehe :) I got to show someone the experience of flight yesterday! I took my first passenger up flying. My best friend whom I live with. His parents let me move in after my mother decided that me living under her roof was not allowed. I pay $200 a month to help out with my expenses. It has been a different experience I been living here for awhile and there more supportive and well want me to be home at a certain time ...they actually care. Well anyways he was amazed that him and I the same age 2 days apart I was a pilot and could handle the responsibility he saw it took to be own. He was also in awe my ability to do what to us is just normal todo. When we landed he said "man sometimes when I heard someone on the radio I looked over and it was you doing the talking". That whole time while flying he realized that are 5 minutes it took to get to are house is 20 minutes by car ( 30 mins by VW rabbit Diesel) . He was very fascinated with it and at one time wanted to fly as bad as I did and gave up on that dream because he didn't want to fly for a living. He said someday I will have to go and do it! But it was awesome to talk during the car ride home about why flying is so amazing and hear someone else express feeling towards it.

Speaking of that I have been reading a book!
Called A Gift Of Wings by Richard Bach
It is such a great book!
Every Pilot should read it!!

Not to much luck on a job. Been doing odd stuff here and there for some cash. So not to bad.

Here is a nice shot of the t-craft
View attachment 21177

Not sure if u can see it I'm using tapatalk on my iPhone.

Great pic of the tcart. I would highly recommending getting one of your own if you can ;) With an A65 at 4gph they are about as inexpensive as it gets for building hours. They will teach you to fly and not rely on horsepower, and you will learn real stick and rude skills. My best flying memories are in one!
Way more fun to fly than these spam cans they have us flying at the flight school.

Great pic of the tcart. I would highly recommending getting one of your own if you can ;) With an A65 at 4gph they are about as inexpensive as it gets for building hours. They will teach you to fly and not rely on horsepower, and you will learn real stick and rude skills. My best flying memories are in one!
Way more fun to fly than these spam cans they have us flying at the flight school.

I learned how to fly in that T-craft I soloed it in 14 hours, after about 20 hours I switched to a light sport aircraft called an Allegro and got my ppl in that. the t-craft was my first love in aviation. I love flying it and wouldn't mind owning one. since I been flying a tri gear I have been going up with an instructor in the t-craft to hone my skills and refresh some tail wheel time.

its a Great OLD BIRD :)

Congrats. I wish I could've had opportunities like this when I was younger. Glad to see someone out there gets to live their dream.

I am glad things so far have worked out for me :)

I also put a lot of effort into finding the opportunities I have been given and have a lot of respect for the people who helped me achieve my goals.

the only real reason I can afford to go to College is because my mom no longer wanted to support me and kicked me out of the house about 3 weeks into my junior year. she then Left the house to go to the bank and lives in a town 45 minutes away by her self and I live with my best friends family who are very supportive. since my mom did that, financial aid is abundant for people put into that situation.

I am very thankful that putting time and a lot of devotion into a dream, became successful.

Hey everybody. Its been along time since I posted anything!
So what's been going on!

Well for starters I graduated high school.
My plans to go to alaska for "higher education" changed.

I have currently been attending MIAT for 5 weeks now. It is a A&P school located in Canton MI. I have my own apartment 4 miles from school and work as a high school janitor to cover my butt through school. How many Janitors can say their pilots!!! :p

So far everything is goin good I been by the local airport to shoot the breeze with people there. Also they have a huge!!! EAA CHAPTER. One of the biggest in Michigan.

I can't fly much right now cause of the expense. So I'm hoping to get acquainted with some fellas at the airport who need someone to go up with them. I would love to knock out some ratings while in school. Hoping to get a room mate while in college so I can make it a little bit easier on my self with expenses.

But everything is going good definitely learn a lot in school. It is really dumbed down to train someone who hasn't seen a wrench at all to become a aircraft mechanic.
I'm amazed at how much stuff I know already.
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1377878421699.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1377878421699.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 145
Back