How are the restaurants in GF?

Incus

I work at a restaurant in Minneapolis currently, but I'm transferring to UND this spring and plan on continuing a part time deal in a restaurant. What are some good restaurants in grand forks? I mean ones besides like, Perkins or Dennys, as good as those can be at 3 am on a saturday night. I'm curious what non-chain restaurants grand forks has.

And you wonder why there aren't many brothaz up there.

Sanders is a legit restaruant in GFK. It is pretty much right next to the river on the ND side just off demers. Very fancy (for grandforks) and pretty good food. It is the nicest place to eat in grandforks.

Yes there is a KFC in grandforks it is near the italian moon on south washington.

Some other "non-chain" stuff up here...

Blue Moose
Grizzlys
Paradiso (prolly a chain, but, another option)

and, ya also got :)

Bronze Boot
Janies

Sanders is also located near the main US Bank in downtown, which is nice, because you need to apply for a loan in order to eat at Sanders.

Suite 49 is still around, I went there after the hockey game on Halloween.
Is it still a martini bar? Do they do any college specials? I remember they had that bottle of booze that had 80 dollar shots. Is that bottle still there, its probably the original one.

Never went to Sanders, went to Suite 49 for my going away party..thought it was pretty lame of a place....it was like going to some restaurant that was trying to be cool ( but I really appreciate the people who set it up)...We just went to parrots Cay afterwords...i miss that place

Suite 49 is pretty good. Is it still around? I cooked there for about 6 months.

Suite 49, Oh gosh, I'm not gonna start. You'll wait hours, the mojito's were good though.

If you go to Paradiso's the highlight would be the nice statue of the boy and the girl at the entrance, and perhaps just for a free birthday snack.

There really isn't much in GFK. I'm glad that chapter is over.

Suite 49, Oh gosh, I'm not gonna start. You'll wait hours, the mojito's were good though.

If you go to Paradiso's the highlight would be the nice statue of the boy and the girl at the entrance, and perhaps just for a free birthday snack.

There really isn't much in GFK. I'm glad that chapter is over.

this thread makes me LOL.

sanders flatly sucks, is overpriced and pretentious.

toasted frog is also overpriced, mediocre food, and only slightly less pretentious.

suite 49, avoid it.

the only true local food that i enjoyed in grand forks was the Parrots Cay.

other than that, be prepared for 4 years of burger king and mcdonalds.

I get a little email every day about random stuff and this was last night's.

"Polident is damn cheap. That stuff people use to clean their dentures? It's way cheaper than toothpaste. This just goes to prove my theory that old people are really smart about money. When I go to Indian or Japanese restaurants, if there's only white people eating there, I'll turn around and try to find somewhere patronized by people from the restaurant's origin country. It's an awkward moment after you walk in and see all the white people eating Sweet and Sour Chicken or spring rolls the size of burritos, so you just kind of have to pivot around on one foot like you just remembered something, and then mutter to yourself like you're crazy so they wouldn't want you there anyway. I try not to hurt their feelings. Diners are just the opposite. Just like Polident, those elderly people know what they're doing. If you ever walk past a diner that's packed with retirees, then you know your hash browns will get a full stick of butter on the skillet, the coffee will be bottomless, and the bill will be less than $4."

Oh gawd, the perfect thread for me. I better just stop right now and go to sleep... I may return to post later. :D ...................to be continued...

Back