Here's my story....advice requested

meyers9163

I completely agree with you! Last year when all my fellow students at atp went through the program said psshhhh I am going to opt out of CFI so i can get money back and work for the airlines!!! Those who did go to the airlines at 200 hours now only have a little bit more time than they started with and are now furloughed.. Due to some life issues at the completion of my program I had my mind set on instructing and now have 1000TT and 600ME.

Exactly, now you will get upgraded faster than the guy/gal who has 500TT at the airlines or wherever. Yeah they will get recalled first, but after you get the same job, it will take you a less amount of time to advance. Isn't that what the Majors hire, future Captains?

meyers9163

I completely agree with you! Last year when all my fellow students at atp went through the program said psshhhh I am going to opt out of CFI so i can get money back and work for the airlines!!! Those who did go to the airlines at 200 hours now only have a little bit more time than they started with and are now furloughed.. Due to some life issues at the completion of my program I had my mind set on instructing and now have 1000TT and 600ME.

Good for you! Puts you in a good position even maybe for a good 135 job or charter with the RIGHT contacts :)! Very smart move man! I hope more are listening!

Back