Have I ruined my chances?

Of course you did, creepy stalker. o_O :D

As you progress in your career, it helps to do a little "counter intelligence recon" when you meet people, especially people that seem to offer you the Golden Ticket to a fancy position. Back when I was low time, really low time, I met a guy at a local airport that was trying to recruit low time pilots like me to be a pilot in his start-up using C421s for a gambling junket. Sure I met the guy, because a Golden Eagle would've been a huge step up from the WSCOD I was instructing in, however a few minutes on the Google and airman registry - I learned that getting involved with that guy would've been a very bad idea.

As you progress in your career, it helps to do a little "counter intelligence recon" when you meet people, especially people that seem to offer you the Golden Ticket to a fancy position. Back when I was low time, really low time, I met a guy at a local airport that was trying to recruit low time pilots like me to be a pilot in his start-up using C421s for a gambling junket. Sure I met the guy, because a Golden Eagle would've been a huge step up from the WSCOD I was instructing in, however a few minutes on the Google and airman registry - I learned that getting involved with that guy would've been a very bad idea.

That's not bad. But the person in question, Googles crew members he's never flown with, in order to find out info about them and their personal lives/interest/side hustles, et al. That's creepy stalkerish right there.

Calc 2 sucks, while I’m trashing math classes. Discrete mathematics was fun, linear algebra was useful and thank god I never had to take differential equations because everyone said the instructor would break you (much less the material).

The engineering program required 4 semesters of calculus.

Actual amount of calculus required in the balance of the program: zero. We used tables and charts for everything else.

Maybe it was an “awareness item”: “Hey guys, this looks like some math is involved. Let’s call an expert”.

The engineering program required 4 semesters of calculus.

Actual amount of calculus required in the balance of the program: zero. We used tables and charts for everything else.

Maybe it was an “awareness item”: “Hey guys, this looks like some math is involved. Let’s call an expert”.
I’ve had to take some form of probability and statistics not less than four times, too. As Squirrley Dan opined, “probably not going to need them statistics,” but at least I know when I read something written in gobbledygook where to look it up and figure out how to interpret it.

Back