Have I ruined my chances?

D’s are for degrees.
Not anymore, at least, not as far as Californian schools are concerned.

That said, I’ve been cross-examined about my transcripts and the C- I got in Scientific Computing at exactly one place. Otherwise it was like, “degrees, neat, box checked.”

Not anymore, at least, not as far as Californian schools are concerned.

That said, I’ve been cross-examined about my transcripts and the C- I got in Scientific Computing at exactly one place. Otherwise it was like, “degrees, neat, box checked.”

Same... out of the five 121 shops and two Foreign Carriers I interviewed with over an eight year period, only one Air Line actually looked at my transcript (which had a most recent entry of 10 years prior) and questioned me about taking Calc 2 twice and a C- in thermal dynamics. Everybody else just checked the "has degree" box and moved on.

Same... out of the five 121 shops and two Foreign Carriers I interviewed with over an eight year period, only one Air Line actually looked at my transcript (which had a most recent entry of 10 years prior) and questioned me about taking Calc 2 twice and a C- in thermal dynamics. Everybody else just checked the "has degree" box and moved on.
Calc 2 sucks, while I’m trashing math classes. Discrete mathematics was fun, linear algebra was useful and thank god I never had to take differential equations because everyone said the instructor would break you (much less the material).

Separate and Integrate -- or die!

My Diff Eq professor was a British grad student who would use the phrase “rub it out” a lot (meaning use your eraser). Even us nerds (all math and science majors) giggled like it was high school again. That’s all I really remember from that class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Diff Eq professor was a British grad student who would use the phrase “rub it out” a lot (meaning use your eraser). Even us nerds (all math and science majors) giggled like it was high school again. That’s all I really remember from that class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Learning has occurred.

"Factorial" with an interesting German accent was also a funny one. Kept us awake during a first year multivariable calculus lecture.

I remember once in university there was an engineering class and the coefficient of friction was ‘mu’ (let’s call it mew for the pronounciation). And there was ‘u’ which is energy (let’s call it you for the pronounciation).

Professor:

“Guys, please don’t get your yous and mews confused.”

:bounce:

Especially when some prick is manning the booth that wants to pull the ladder up. The EXACT same ladder he used to get in.

I had one recruiter (an FO) hand my resume back to me and tell me to clean up the timeline of my employment history, because he couldn't understand it.

It's because I'd been furloughed and he couldn't understand why I'd have a gap in employment of 2.5 years.

I had one recruiter (an FO) hand my resume back to me and tell me to clean up the timeline of my employment history, because he couldn't understand it.

It's because I'd been furloughed and he couldn't understand why I'd have a gap in employment of 2.5 years.
I presume you took his advice and added a line item:
[missing dates]……………….MUIA (State of Michigan)

Back