Have any ideas for the website?

derg

Apparently a "terse" writer
Staff member
What would you like to see with the website?

More perspectives? Enhanced forum software? Let me know!

I feel, even though traffic is literally growing like kudzu, I'm starting to stagnate and I want to keep Jetcareers absolutely fresh.

If you have ideas about what you'd like to see, let them fly. Pardon the pun.

Pics of hot naked FAs maybe? Of course, in this day and age, they'd have to be hot naked teen lesbian FAs for it to have any effect on site traffic!
shocked.gif
grin.gif

Man, I can hardly say a curse word without sparking 10 emails saying "My 17 year old boy saw you say the "D" word and I'm appalled!".

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I know this has been said, but some chat software would be pretty tight.
cool.gif

The site is great though!

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

Chat software is tremendously difficult, but I'm slowly (and I mean SLOWLY) looking at methods of integrating the MySQL database of usernames from UBBThreads with a chat software product in order to streamline stuff. So if you see DorkBoy172Q on the forums, DorkBoy172Q in the chat software would be reliably the same person.

Yeah we don't want just anyone entering the chat and saying their "Doug Taylor the Great"!
grin.gif

Yeah, I second Aloft's idea, but that might be a pain. You know adding the you must be 18+ years old to view this webpage!
tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Pics of hot naked FAs maybe? Of course, in this day and age, they'd have to be hot naked teen lesbian FAs for it to have any effect on site traffic!

[/ QUOTE ]

That would suck because lots of us would have to wait until 18+ before we could use the site. Wouldn't be cool!!
tongue.gif

Some more perspectives would be great. Maybe some pilots from flightinfo.com might be willing to write some for this website! It would be kinda cool to have one pilot per aircraft type explaining how they got there.

Ummm..could we please have more "Instant Graemlins"?
grin.gif

Thanks Doug...you do an excellent job at mantaining this website and it's very much appreciated!!!
smile.gif

Thanks guys!

I'm working with two new people as we speak, but they're OLD SCHOOL.

One guy is a former F-105 Vietnam era retired Delta pilot and the other is a NASCAR-Lovin' KC-10 Aircraft Commander. Just additional more diverse perspectives on the aviation thing.

I'd like to build a mega-diverse group of perspectives to show that aviation isn't a 'one trick pony'. You know, fly here, do this, buy that, and end up an airline pilot because you've really got to "make your own success."

[ QUOTE ]
Ummm..could we please have more "Instant Graemlins"?

[/ QUOTE ]

More are on the way with the forum software upgrades that I might install in the next week!

[ QUOTE ]
More of everything would be nice!
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks! Working on it!
smile.gif

I think the "day in the life" stories are really cool, and give us perspective guys lots of info, maybe some more of those, or maybe a spot in the forums for em?

Other than that the site is great for me, thanks Doug.
cool.gif

Thanks. Actually in fact, I'm working on a method of expanding the 'day in the life' feature of the website, but it's not active yet.

The aviation website biz is pretty competitive so it's under wraps for the time being!
smile.gif

Ohh, i just remembered how everyone loves to tell eachother about their weather! So, mabey you could make a Weather Forum!
tongue.gif

More pictures from the road, would be cool. As for the perspectives and "day in the life of" I think that some non flying jobs, such as ramp, dispatch, FA, ATC, military flying, etc. I know that is based on finding someone to write it, but still would be cool. Keep up the good work Doug!

[ QUOTE ]
More pictures from the road, would be cool. As for the perspectives and "day in the life of" I think that some non flying jobs, such as ramp, dispatch, FA, ATC, military flying, etc. I know that is based on finding someone to write it, but still would be cool. Keep up the good work Doug!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the suggestions!

I've been pimping people who work in more ground ops for years and I've yet to get any firm committments on writing new material.

I've got loads, perhaps another gigabyte of pics from the road that I've taken over the last quarter that I haven't posted. Perhaps I'll find some time this weekend and do some more.

That is probably perhap the most requested addition apart from the "Perspectives" section on the entire website.

[ QUOTE ]
Ohh, i just remembered how everyone loves to tell eachother about their weather! So, mabey you could make a Weather Forum!
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds good! The only problem is that in the next two months it's goign to be "yup, clear and warm here"

I think it is all good. That said, my short list would be (as far as easy for you to do):

Bring the "Mark all as read" back to each page
Add a link to the AOL chat that is often used to your link bar at the top of the page.

Both those should take less than a couple minutes to throw into the page templates if you are used to modifying those for UBB.

Josh

I'm an aeronautical science grad, that's at least a month and twelve emails to Copaman right there!
smile.gif

I think you should put up a picture forum where people can post pics...Or maybe a Lineman section for all of us ramp rats out there...

just my 2 cents..

Back