Hard Landing

At a certain virtual airline, in Microsoft Flight Simulator a newhire landed a 737 and bust the tires in a crosswind landing. Tires and axle had to be replaced.

“She’s made of iron, Sir, I assure you, she can.”

I wonder how that "day in the life" installment on your channel goes.

SO yeah.....<sigh> here I am working out.....here I am putting on this fresh uniform, I iron it every time because I like to look good in case we have any talent in the back. <wink wink>

SO....here we are arriving to the plane, errr...I mean JET.

Here I am setting up....really it's pretty hard, I have to hit this "send" button and put our flight number into the Jepp app, not to forget to put UAL in front of the flight number...that's why we get paid the big bucks <laaaaaauuuuf>

Here I am landing.....woooooops...little hard this time. No matter. The BOOMER to my left just writes something in the book and calls maintenance after all my landings. No biggie.

There was one dime in the back...got her on the 'gram now. Off to the hotel to work out and get a latte. Later guys!

I wonder how that "day in the life" installment on your channel goes.

SO yeah.....<sigh> here I am working out.....here I am putting on this fresh uniform, I iron it every time because I like to look good in case we have any talent in the back. <wink wink>

SO....here we are arriving to the plane, errr...I mean JET.

Here I am setting up....really it's pretty hard, I have to hit this "send" button and put our flight number into the Jepp app, not to forget to put UAL in front of the flight number...that's why we get paid the big bucks <laaaaaauuuuf>

Here I am landing.....woooooops...little hard this time. No matter. The BOOMER to my left just writes something in the book and calls maintenance after all my landings. No biggie.

There was one dime in the back...got her on the 'gram now. Off to the hotel to work out and get a latte. Later guys!

I can't tell if this is in jest, or if the meat servo in question is an actual influencer.

Didn’t they extinguish the fire, then evacuate? Still struggle to see how risking passenger injuries because of hot brakes should lead to an evacuation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't know. Perhaps you should have been on the radio with the fire and rescue crews at the time?

A fire existed and a decision was made. Also possible it was started by a FA or scared passenger. Time will tell.

Don't know. Perhaps you should have been on the radio with the fire and rescue crews at the time?

A fire existed and a decision was made. Also possible it was started by a FA or scared passenger. Time will tell.

Easy to armchair quarterback for sure… very curious to see what all happened here. I sometimes get nervous about scared pax when it’s hot and humid and the gaspers start misting “smoke.”

Didn’t they extinguish the fire, then evacuate? Still struggle to see how risking passenger injuries because of hot brakes should lead to an evacuation.

Don’t take my word for it, the photo I saw of slides out and pax on the runway showed the gear on fire.

Put these kids in the 73 for a while. I have it on good authority that it is not possible to break it. You wanna know what's left after WWIII? Cockroaches and 737's, that's what.

Truth. Interstellar is basically about the end of the world as we know it. They're on a spaceship to find humanity a new home as earth dies and… What do we see in the background?

tempImagei4fBrx.png

There was a small fire on the Delta jet’s left landing gear, but a fire nonetheless. And one that continued after it came to a stop on the runway, prompting an orderly evacuation as fire trucks were not on scene yet, but with a small but still active fire in progress. The way the flight and cabin crew, ATC, and airport fire handled the situation, seemingly made it a relative non-event from what I’ve seen thus far.

Back