HAHAHA !Daley a chump, FAA makes Chicago pay

Wow that is some pretty wretched stuff! All crooked politicians with power issues (Due to small weeners), should be sent to Siberia! They make the world a WORSE place to live dammit!

Never been to Meigs, but like many others, I have flown the pattern at Meigs since the early 90's MS flight sims.

As a person who did their flight training in the midwest, I would like to say that the loss of Meigs was a complete travesty. As a pilot, I would like to say that politicians who decide that "terrorist threats" are enough to enable the closing of an airport rather that an evaluation of security measures deserve to be rendered ineligable for reelection. This man is a ridiculous despot. The citizens of Illinois as a whole and myself as a taxpayer are sick to death of seeing this happen. Freedom comes at a cost. It should not come as a cost to the freedoms that we celebrate. Some compromise is to be expected but this is five steps too far. Shame on you, tricky dicky. Rot in Hell. If it were feasible at all, I would suggest the establishment of a practice area directly over this man's house. Terrorist threat, my left foot. He deserves to look like he looks...and I hope his transition to a Bea Arthur impersonator continues.

P.S. I missed National Talk Like A Pirate Day.....arrrrrrr.

I agree that this is chump-change to Daley and those that wanted to see Meigs destroyed. But I have to ask, what was the reason for wanting to close Meigs in the first place? My understanding is only that it pre-dates 9/11 and goes back quite a ways.

I agree that this is chump-change to Daley and those that wanted to see Meigs destroyed. But I have to ask, what was the reason for wanting to close Meigs in the first place? My understanding is only that it pre-dates 9/11 and goes back quite a ways.

He had been wanting to close it since 1995 so that he could turn it into a park. There was some sort of compromise that was met to keep it open for at least another 25 years from that point but obviously that didn't happen. :mad:

Think about it. Had he done it legally it would have taken years... instead for a measly million and a few bulldozers he took it out overnight. Easy!

Petty cash or not, he ought to be ousted from office for messing with even one dollar of the tax payers money like that. This is the problem with most politicians. We will waste your money, and when we run out we'll just raise your taxes. Of course most of the tax payers are too busy with their daily grind to stop and notice what thier elected politicians are doing.

Sad, really sad. I hope someone goes postal on him. Well, maybe not "postal", just rough him up a bit. LOL...

ILS

Their's a pretty good piece about it in the movie One Six Right. If you havent seen the movie yet...you should, its a great aviation flick.

Their's a pretty good piece about it in the movie One Six Right. If you havent seen the movie yet...you should, its a great aviation flick.

Have to check that out. Is it "made for TV" or can you rent it?

EDIT..... Found it/Googled it. Wonder if Block Buster has it...

ILS

Back