Gulfstream Accident 12/15/2021 Santo Domingo to Orlando Fatal 9

That never bothered me. Likelihood of an accident is near 0. You’ve completely blown it by then, and now you’ll have a bruised ego when you realize 5 secs after applying TO thrust that you’re on one engine. Maybe at that point you’ll reevaluate the flight…

We had a fairly senior captain try to do that in a 330 once.

No argument there, any large cabin Gulfstream will have a lot more "ramp presence" than the IAI stuff. But oddly enough when the design studies were being done for the G280 a lot of the prospective owners wanted to keep a lower profile and didn't want it to stand out. I guess it all depends on why someone buys a plane like that.

Not having a flat floor in the back is also a blemish. The pilots that fly it love it though. And it has all the goodies on the flight deck.

Yes the owner is a very tall man, I am sure we have crossed paths in the last 6 years.
Was the pilot that used to fly that airplane and retired exceptionally tall? If so I suspect I know the G-III you're flying. It's the nicest example of that type I've spent anytime around. I think I first laid hands on it around 2005 and I very much enjoyed working with the tall pilot I mentioned. He taught me a term for the bleed duct that comes out of the top of APU enclosure after he reported a bleed air leak and I found it cracked, he informed me it's proper name is the "vagina duct". Miss that guy.

He taught me a term for the bleed duct that comes out of the top of APU enclosure after he reported a bleed air leak and I found it cracked, he informed me it's proper name is the "vagina duct". Miss that guy.
Because it controls men's lives and costs a bunch of money?

Hah, that definitely sounds like something that may be uttered by him. You are correct.

Was the pilot that used to fly that airplane and retired exceptionally tall? If so I suspect I know the G-III you're flying. It's the nicest example of that type I've spent anytime around. I think I first laid hands on it around 2005 and I very much enjoyed working with the tall pilot I mentioned. He taught me a term for the bleed duct that comes out of the top of APU enclosure after he reported a bleed air leak and I found it cracked, he informed me it's proper name is the "vagina duct". Miss that guy.

Hah, that definitely sounds like something that may be uttered by him. You are correct.
From what I understood from a year or so ago the principle planned on operating it until the engines time out and at that point he'd sell it and move on. It makes me sad. It will be like when Merle Norman traded up from their G-II to their current G-IV. That G-II looked like it was brand new the last time I worked on it. I have no idea where it ended up, I suspect your airplane will disappear as well. Hopefully the owner purchases another airplane and you will continue to fly for him. Over the years I met him and his wife and they were both very nice people. Maybe he'll finally get a G450.

I wish we still had the sarcasm emoji. It was meant as a joke. It sure seems like everyone here is wound really, really tight these days.

Wow, I think I'm going to have to block you for that, and for what it's worth, I'm going to report your post for, at a minimum, being in extremely bad taste. A loss of life in any circumstance should never be mocked. Your defense? Sarcasm? Feeble response at best. The "mammary expression?" Was that some Freudian "projection" of one's own thoughts? No sarcasm there but a serious question. That was inappropriate and sad.

. . .and true to me word, you are ignored.

Wow, I think I'm going to have to block you for that, and for what it's worth, I'm going to report your post for, at a minimum, being in extremely bad taste. A loss of life in any circumstance should never be mocked. Your defense? Sarcasm? Feeble response at best. The "mammary expression?" Was that some Freudian "projection" of one's own thoughts? No sarcasm there but a serious question. That was inappropriate and sad.

. . .and true to me word, you are ignored.
Am I supposed to be upset? Are you going to throw things? I don't care if you put me on ignore or paint your bedroom black. It's presumptuous to even think I would even notice, but you sent me a PM telling me that you will ignore me from this point forward. I hope you don't mind that I made your PM public. What is this world turning into. Bye Bye.

A loss of life in any circumstance should never be mocked.

Oh come on. Donald Trump tries to pull a dollar bill out of a gold-plated Diet Coke machine and it falls over on him? Matt Gaetz gets caught by Chris Hanson and accidentally lights his Klan cosplay outfit on fire trying to escape? Gulley tries to light a beer-fart and there's an explosion the size of Krakatoa, levelling whatever cathouse he's frequenting in Germany? I finally crash an airplane and it turns out it's right next to a hushed, hyper-serious reading of "High Flight"? I could go on.

Nobody gets out alive, my dude. We should at least leave some yucks.

Am I supposed to be upset? Are you going to throw things? I don't care if you put me on ignore or paint your bedroom black. It's presumptuous to even think I would even notice, but you sent me a PM telling me that you will ignore me from this point forward. I hope you don't mind that I made your PM public. What is this world turning into. Bye Bye.
You’ve demonstrated poor taste, and a lack of integrity and respect here.
You could have just let this go and no one but you two would know the wiser…..
A “PM” is just that! You should search your reasoning in making this public. Not cool!

Nobody gets out alive, my dude. We should at least leave some yucks.

I don't believe in mirth control.

Nothing is more important than humor in my life. Without it, many of us would not be able to survive tragedy and loss.

I'm okay with failed attempts at humor. I'm slow to condemn somebody for trying to make me laugh. Think about it, humor is an attempt to raise the spirits of another, often a stranger.

Without humor, free me from this mortal coil.

Without humor, free me from this mortal coil.

On the plus side, the Mirth Patrol are almost always, themselves, hilarious. What with their Bubble-Boy-level easily bruised Feelings, and all. And I mean that 100% apolitically. Clown school is obviously equal-opportunity.

Absolutely classless.

Exactly what we've come to expect from you.

You’ve demonstrated poor taste, and a lack of integrity and respect here.
You could have just let this go and no one but you two would know the wiser…..
A “PM” is just that! You should search your reasoning in making this public. Not cool!
I disagree. I may be guilty of poor taste in your eyes, but I don't know what sort of lenses you wear. As far as my integrity is concerned you have no idea what you're talking about and I suspect you're just trying to insult me. Respect? Really?

I disagree. I may be guilty of poor taste in your eyes, but I don't know what sort of lenses you wear. As far as my integrity is concerned you have no idea what you're talking about and I suspect you're just trying to insult me. Respect? Really?
It was a PM, you were out of line making it public. THAT was disrespectful to @MFT1Air.
By doing things like this, YOU are demonstrating your integrity or lack thereof.

If you took my post as an insult, that’s called conviction. ‘nuff said......

Last edited:
It was a PM, you were out of line making it public. THAT was disrespectful to @MFT1Air.
By doing things like this, YOU are demonstrating your integrity or lack thereof.

If you took my post as an insult, that’s called conviction. ‘nuff said......
No. It's a reflection of his integrity, he could've said the same thing in front of everyone. If he feels that way why hide it?

No. It's a reflection of his integrity, he could've said the same thing in front of everyone. If he feels that way why hide it?
Maybe he felt it was just between the two of you, and didn’t want to do a dramatic “I’m putting you on ignore” post. The rest of the board really doesn’t care who puts who on ignore.

Clearly we'll disagree. @MFT1Air had a personal issue with you or something you posted so he came to you PERSONALLY, hence the "PM". This is actually a display of both personal integrity and respect for you to not "hang out the laundry".

You, on the other hand, decided to disrespect him and, in the process, have shown your true colors by putting it out in open forum.
Not sure anyone here can damage you more than you have already.

From what I understood from a year or so ago the principle planned on operating it until the engines time out and at that point he'd sell it and move on. It makes me sad. It will be like when Merle Norman traded up from their G-II to their current G-IV. That G-II looked like it was brand new the last time I worked on it. I have no idea where it ended up, I suspect your airplane will disappear as well. Hopefully the owner purchases another airplane and you will continue to fly for him. Over the years I met him and his wife and they were both very nice people. Maybe he'll finally get a G450.
As of 2018...
1644176204848.png

Back