Gulfstream Accident 12/15/2021 Santo Domingo to Orlando Fatal 9

fholbert

Mod's - Please don't edit my posts!
Date:16-DEC-2021
Time:21:22 UTC
Type:
Silhouette image of generic GLF4 model; specific model in this crash may look slightly different

Gulfstream G-IVSP
Owner/operator:Helidosa Aviation Group
MSN:1482
Fatalities:Fatalities: 9 / Occupants: 9
Other fatalities:0
Aircraft damage:Written off (damaged beyond repair)
Category:Accident
Location:Santo Domingo-Las Américas International Airport (SDQ/MDSD) -
HI.gif
Dominican Republic
Phase:Landing
Nature:Executive
Departure airport:Higuero/La Isabela-Dr. Joaquín Balaguer Airport (JBQ/MDJB)
Destination airport:Orlando International Airport, FL (MCO/KMCO)
Narrative:
A Gulfstream G-IVSP jet, registration HI1050, was destroyed when it was involved in an accident at Santo Domingo-Las Américas International Airport (SDQ/MDSD), Dominican Republic.
The two pilots, one flight attendant and six passengers were fatally injured.

Preliminary information indicates the pilot reported an unspecified issue shortly after takeoff from Higuero, which led to the emergency diversition to Santo Domingo. A post crash fire ensued after landing.

Sources:

Mueren todas las personas a bordo de avión que se estrelló en aeropuerto de Santo Domingo
‘Flow La Movie’ is one of nine people killed in the Gulfstream IV private jet crash, including six Americans. | Nokia News

Live Flight Tracker - Real-Time Flight Tracker Map | Flightradar24

1639618631338.png

Last edited:
Dang, the company is listing the passenger and crew names in a Twitter post.

The flight was headed for Miami (according to their post).

I'm triggered. Anytime one of those planes buckles •, regardless of if I've ever laid hands or not on it I'm bothered. It's still the benchmark that changed the business aviation world, perhaps more so than the LearJet.

Looks like an entire family :(

Your link offers nothing regarding aviation safety, their picture of a G-IV is actually a G450. I suspect you have a mammary obsession. Don't let your wife look at your posts. Or do, and see how that works out.

Your link offers nothing regarding aviation safety, their picture of a G-IV is actually a G450. I suspect you have a mammary obsession. Don't let your wife look at your posts. Or do, and see how that works out.
Hey. All you guys need to chill on these childish attacks on each other. I"m getting pretty sick of it. Maybe its time to clean house again @Derg We've had several rounds of it over the past 20+ years.

No respectable connoisseur appreciates the excessively large and fake submissions. If there were an AKC for breasts, you wouldn’t see these represented after the Macy’s parade.

"Seven passengers and two crewmembers were killed yesterday evening when a 2002 Gulfstream IV-SP crashed shortly after takeoff while attempting a diversionary landing at Santo Domingo Las Americas International Airport (MDSD) in the Dominican Republic. According to flight data from FlightRadar24, the aircraft—registered as HI1050—took off from Santo Domingo La Isabela International Airport (MDJB) at 5:07 p.m. local time on a charter flight headed to Florida and operated by Santo Domingo-based Helidosa Aviation Group.

However, the crew reportedly experienced an unspecified mechanical issue and diverted to MDSD. The twinjet crashed not far from MDSD at 5:22 p.m. and was destroyed by impact forces and post-crash fire. FlightRadar24 data indicates that the GIV-SP was headed to Orlando International Airport, but Helidosa said the destination was Miami."

1639710780794.png

The total track log lasts 14 minutes.

1639710965083.png

Back