Great Lakes faces shortage of pilots!

That's basically my opinion on every job out there. MMMTO! One can be traded for another to an extent. If you give me both, I'll probably stick around.
Was it you that was telling me about a guy in a citation that flew 2-3 weeks a year, 1 week notice for a trip from the owner via email, and got paid 80 something?

Incorrect.

There was a "pilot" workgroup, an "A4A (which is really the ATA)" workgroup and the FAA workgroup.

We all had a hand in this and nothing was imposed. Let's just make sure we're clear on that before we spin out of control.

Imposition by committee is still imposition.

This is a solution in search of a problem. There was nothing fundamentally wrong with the old rules. They were just minimum standards. Historically, the vast majority of airline new-hires had qualifications that by far exceeded the legal minimums. THAT'S the free-market at work. This on the other hand is just another example of government interference in the private sector; fixing something until it's broken. All this is going to do is make it harder for small companies to compete, and increase the barriers of entry for the next generation of pilots.

Imposition by committee is still imposition.

This is a solution in search of a problem. There was nothing fundamentally wrong with the old rules. They were just minimum standards. Historically, the vast majority of airline new-hires had qualifications that by far exceeded the legal minimums. THAT'S the free-market at work. This on the other hand is just another example of government interference in the private sector; fixing something until it's broken. All this is going to do is make it harder for small companies to compete, and increase the barriers of entry for the next generation of pilots.

Can you specifically tell me what you base this upon with anything other than anecdotal sources?

I really don't want to involve myself in an "Airliners.net Match of Wits". Professional Pilot vs. Airplane Enthusiast except when I have some delicious Bourbon at hand.

Let me know and we will continue.

Can you specifically tell me what you base this upon with anything other than anecdotal sources?

I really don't want to involve myself in an "Airliners.net Match of Wits". Professional Pilot vs. Airplane Enthusiast except when I have some delicious Bourbon at hand.

Oh, you didnt know. He knows more than most people here. ;)

Let me know what question I am answering, and I will be happy to continue.

Back