GFK JC event

Don't you love that they make the 112 folks do ground cert forms? My instructor even told me that the ground cert has to be for at least the same amount of time as her lecture :-(

Don't you love that they make the 112 folks do ground cert forms? My instructor even told me that the ground cert has to be for at least the same amount of time as her lecture :-(
no it doesn't, check your course syllabus, it is 100% up to the teacher of the class. if your teacher says you can make up a 2.0 lecture in 0.5 than your cert needs to be whatever it takes to get everything covered. usually a lot less than the lecture, but again check your syllabus.

The one ground I did for missing class was 0.3 before a flight.

That's what I thought, but Anderson was adamant that the CFI needs to spend at least as much time as she does on the subject or she won't accept the ground cert form.

That's what I thought, but Anderson was adamant that the CFI needs to spend at least as much time as she does on the subject or she won't accept the ground cert form.

Hmm, Anderson should know that a lecture would take more time than one on one instruction. I'd say do your Ground cert with your instructor, cover what needs to be covered, have your instructor sign it for the time you were instructed and turn it in. If she has a problem with that, talk to her about it. If she still has a problem, go talk to Polovitz. He's super helpful around the AVIT department. Save some money. Don't put up with this UND BS.

Hmm, Anderson should know that a lecture would take more time than one on one instruction. I'd say do your Ground cert with your instructor, cover what needs to be covered, have your instructor sign it for the time you were instructed and turn it in. If she has a problem with that, talk to her about it. If she still has a problem, go talk to Polovitz. He's super helpful around the AVIT department. Save some money. Don't put up with this UND BS.
it is 100% teacher discretion, so if she says it must be the same as the lecture time, then that is what it must be. that is a part 141 requirement.

it is 100% teacher discretion, so if she says it must be the same as the lecture time, then that is what it must be. that is a part 141 requirement.
Even if we already are certified and are just taking the course for academic credit?

Even if we already are certified and are just taking the course for academic credit?
that i am not sure of. but the 141 regs say you attend class for X amount of hours, now you do a ground cert and your total "class time w/ ground cert" is Y hours, which doesn't meet the requirements. all i know is it is up to the teacher. just ask about it. i can understand if you aren't taking it for 141 credit, so just ask :)

back to the subject. any Tues, Weds, or Thurs as long as it isn't next week will work fine for me.

Back