Furlough tracking

surreal1221

Perhaps if we have enough involvement we can convince the mods to sticky this.

It's no secret many of us are facing the furlough gun, with even more of us already being shot. In an effort to keep all of us up to date on the process at our respective companies I'm suggesting that those who know FACTUAL information about their company's numbers to post them here.

For example, if you're a PSA crewmember, please provide the number of crew members who are currently furloughed and when the furloughs began.

And - if people think this is a ridiculously stupid idea, then so be it. I just figured it'd be easier to consolidate the furlough data into one thread as opposed to various bits of information scattered across couple dozen threads about a couple dozen different companies.

Good luck

PSA had three waves. Roughly 79 total pilots on the street. Of which 5 have gone else where. Thus the true number is 74. However the union and management still state 79. Regardless we started early summer. Had the 2nd and 3rd wave in September. In addition we had 30 ish whom were downgraded.

Comair:

October 5, 2008: 102 pilots
November 5, 2008: 103 pilots

January 19, 2009: 92 pilots (I will be included in this one)

Word is more furloughs are to come around Feb/Mar. Timeframe.

PSA had three waves. Roughly 79 total pilots on the street. Of which 5 have gone else where. Thus the true number is 74. However the union and management still state 79. Regardless we started early summer. Had the 2nd and 3rd wave in September. In addition we had 30 ish whom were downgraded.

July 1st was wave 1 at PSA, September 1st wave 2 and September 10th wave 3.

Not sure if this counts since we're not an "Airline" but Airnet furloughed 55 pilots(about 1/3rd of the senority list) in October. As of now I believe that number is 32 with most of those being SICs which probably won't be recalled.

ExpressJet

347 effective 10/1/08

Crew Planning put on one of the bid packets that no recalls were expected for 2009. They are notorious for being wrong every time they open their mouths (not necessarily their fault), but they did say it.

ExpressJet

347 effective 10/1/08

Crew Planning put on one of the bid packets that no recalls were expected for 2009. They are notorious for being wrong every time they open their mouths (not necessarily their fault), but they did say it.

That's correct; it's usually worse than they say.

Not sure if this counts since we're not an "Airline" but Airnet furloughed 55 pilots(about 1/3rd of the senority list) in October. As of now I believe that number is 32 with most of those being SICs which probably won't be recalled.

I took great caution to make sure to not use the word airlines rather to use companies.

Anyone who is working for a company who has sent people to the street is more than welcomed to post their respective company's numbers with dates and any recall information.

Eagle- currently 0 furloughed, due to mitigation efforts with ALPA and the company.

Rumors of hiring in the new year are prevalent. If you're on the street and wouldn't mind resetting the seniority clock, update your resume. First word I hear of hiring, I'll pass it along.

RAH:
Not sure how accurate this is but it's at least in the ballpark.
About 120 furloughs in Sept.
About 65 recalls with about 40 that accepted the recalls.

Thanks everyone.

Anyone from AWAC and TSA?

I'll make the best effort to make a comprehensive post every Friday or twice a month that details any changes to the landscape.

This is what I can remember of what we have going on here at TSA. Management really doesn't share much info with any of us so it's hard to know what's going on honestly but here we go...

June 30th: 45 furloughed

At some point I think some other furloughs happened and then they announced Feb. 5th furloughs going back to the 366th person on the seniority list.

According to the seniority list on the company website (from Oct. 1st) there are 486 pilots on the list so that would make 120 total furloughed by Feb 5th.

From the times I talked to Rick Leach in the crew room, I recall him saying they like to keep staffing levels at around 4.7 crews per aircraft so with 33 aircraft remaining, that would put our "ideal" staffing at 310 pilots. There are 20 people on our list that are either on Military leave or are Management so they don't really count. That would put the ideal list at 330 pilots. Maybe management will allow us to run 30 pilots fat until things turn around. Anyway, sorry for all the excessive analysis and info but that's where Trans States is at as far as I know.

The data for the following companies over at APC is a little confusing.

United is listed to have 141 furloughed, are these those from 2001 that never received a recall? Information also indicates that 50 will be furloughed on 10/22/08, 46 on 11/19/08, 130 on 1/14/09, and 270 on 1/21/09. With more to follow.

American lists a total of 1979 furloughed with a figure indicating around 1200 still awaiting a recall (those from 2001?)

Also, anyone know when the 149 furloughed pilots from the US Airways group were furloughed (month/year)?

Horizon page indicates that furloughs were supposed to have begun last month. . .can anyone verify?

Thanks everyone.

Anyone from AWAC and TSA?

I'll make the best effort to make a comprehensive post every Friday or twice a month that details any changes to the landscape.

At AWAC I believe we have 65 or 69. Either way they are still asking for about 15 Captains a month to take TOWOP.... so hopefully no more furloughs, but tough to tell. Airways keeps cutting our block hours more and more every month.

Horizon page indicates that furloughs were supposed to have begun last month. . .can anyone verify?

I don't work there, so It is second hand knowledge, but...The furloughs did happen, we have a handful of former instructors who were early '08 hires at Horizon, back instructing again. No idea on numbers.

RAH:
Not sure how accurate this is but it's at least in the ballpark.
About 120 furloughs in Sept.
About 65 recalls with about 40 that accepted the recalls.

And looks like about 10 more recalls this week (12/17ish)

USA Jet downsized a ton of people. I think there were about 3 waves since late July resulting in only 8 pilots left at the company. These were terminations not fuloughs.

How do all these furloughs compare to the ones after 9/11? I wasent in the game back then.

Back