Furlough tracking

Correction, 24 letters went out for a recall class in February.

source said:
There were 1208 that had yet to be called before this class started organizing. Also, there are 713 that have deferred recall.

Damn, man. Let me know if I can help with anything ok?

Atlas

Atlas announced 80 furloughs today for pilots as a result of parking 4 Classics

Re: Atlas

Where are you on that Polar? Safe, I hope!

On the combined list, I'd be on the unemployed side of the line. As of now, the lists aren't combined, and this was addressed to only Atlas.

Even if all 80 go, and I'm one of them, I should only be out until Boeing makes the first -8. (Each 2 pilot airplane ~ 30 pilots).

If all the furloughs are done prior to combining the seniority lists, I should be safe as there was a no bump/no flush in the award.

However, I still don't discount CFIing at a school near you....(If I can even land a gig....:panic:)

The chips will fall where they may.

I have heeded the advice of those that are alot smarter than me and found themselves in some bad places *cough*Zap*cough*. I think I have done things correctly.

Hopefully, I won't have to test my "furlough" plan. If I do, I'll take a clean sheet and see what direction life takes me. It might be to a holding pattern to come back, it might be on a new path in aviation, or it might hold something else in the cards. No matter the outcome, I've had some great experiences thus far, and expect more great experiences in the future.

Thanks for the well wishes. Now, its up to the political stuff that's out of my hands.....

Update:

Atlas shows 67 pilot and 14 FE furloughs on the displacement bid. Starting on 30 JAN all the way through 30 JUN for the effective dates.

Sucks...:(

TSA Update:

6 more got the call on Thursday. Funny thing is, the day before the calls went out, the chief pilot specifically said to our recurrent class that no more furloughs or downgrades were expected. I think the effective date for them is sometime in March or early April.

Sounds like there will be more furloughs on top of the 6 additional at TSA. The rumor is that we will be down to 27 airplanes when all is said and done. My theory while I was at TSA was that the airline would no longer exist in two years. Looks like I may have been right but I hope not.

Word out of American is, in addition to their class in February, there is another class of 10 furloughees coming back on 4 March 09, with another class expected for later in the month.

Back