Furlough Estimates

Are you Joe or the Hoe?

not-sure-if-igplfo.jpg

(Just in case you are being serious... It's a scared, old, white guy reference to our current President and VP. Not an introduction of the pilots to the cabin crew.)

I honestly never got TDY’d, I’d have kind of welcomed it. The endless ready reserve that seemed like it was designed to prevent commutes was the worst.
Consider yourself lucky! I got TDY'ed all the time from my base with ready reserve tacked on after I deadheaded home for good measure. I got assigned ready reserve after a local on my last day at the company, but got a CS supervisor to release me early after I told her where I was headed. Despite all the reserve BS, I still enjoyed my time there immensely.

AA just WARNd 1850 pilots... Again.
And then there's hiring rumors elsewhere in different parts of the industry. This is strange as hell. I know people at UA that are going back and getting requaled but apparently they're talking potential furloughs in the spring too?

And then there's hiring rumors elsewhere in different parts of the industry. This is strange as hell. I know people at UA that are going back and getting requaled but apparently they're talking potential furloughs in the spring too?
Pretty sure no pilots were part of that warning and it was smaller roles that are easily replaceable (at UAL). I would say in my opinion a lot of this is toward getting more stimulus but I just don't know. AAL furloughed the second they could and I'm not sure there's any attempts to stop it despite their rivals doing so and bringing pilots back. Every week is something different.

Our bid comes out today bringing back 418 pilots but of the 1700 it took 835 to fulfill the need with 50% bypassing and the company saying another bid is due in the spring. Guess some see positivity and some don't. Time will tell.

The language in the LOA allows the company to furlough in June, up to around the bottom 2k pilots, while retaining the reduced guarantees in the agreement. They've repeatedly said they have zero intent to furlough outside of catastrophic events, but it's management talking so everyone is always skeptical.

Both UAL and DAL announcing they project to be 90-100% of Pre-covid 2019 passengers numbers by end of 2021-summer 2022.

I sure hope so, fingers crossed! I do feel like the public is ready to go buck wild, the main variable is cash on hand in order to do so

Also, hoping my boy Pete doesn’t kill the industry with Covid tests for domestic travel. At least make it rapid tests gov subsidized if so

Back