Furlough Estimates

Cares act 2 is coming, its all gonna be fine.

Kicking the can until March.

Then all my coworkers who think that the scientists suggesting masks and distancing to slow the spread of Covid are a hoax and refuse to wear a mask, can hope and pray that those same scientists develop and distribute a vaccine quickly enough to avoid another furlough by March.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Then all my coworkers who think that the scientists suggesting masks and distancing to slow the spread of Covid are a hoax and refuse to wear a mask, can hope and pray that those same scientists develop and distribute a vaccine quickly enough to avoid another furlough by March.

You know what would help people buy into things? Don’t BS the numbers. When there are soooo many cases of over inflation it makes people suspicious. What are you selling?

Dude, theres so much wrong with the world and our future if someone gives you six months to put off a nightmare just say thank you and enjoy the reprieve.

I am so tired of this.

My newhire class will be the senior furloughees, May 15 hire. So with a soon to be third furlough notch on the belt that means the rest of the career is smooth sailing right? Thankful for the extra six months from taxpayers and now the extra time with the kiddos while they grow up.
I recently was wondering how you were doing. This is not the way I wanted to hear it.

My personal take is that the CDC is planning ahead, and sees an absolute best case scenario of that time frame. On the long-shot chance that trials are conclusive by then (very doubtful!), they want the infrastructure gearing/geared up for distribution.

Don’t put too much stake into this as a coming reality - they’re just making sure the distribution is set up if/when needed.

The scenario documents do not necessarily mean a vaccine will be available by late October. Pandemic planning exercises have for years included recommendations that the federal government ready a distribution network while scientists work on a vaccine.
Companies developing the vaccines are already ramping up manufacturing so that, in case one or more is found safe and effective in people, it could start going into arms immediately.

Reactions: KLB
Back