Frontier Shift Manager Opening

T
Stay far away from this company....
That's not really fair.

It could be a great management opportunity for those looking to add to their resume. Yes the company may not be the most stable, but an opportunity is an opportunity.

Stay far away from this company....

So far it looks like since you joined a month ago, you've had ill to speak of several carriers including Frontier, RIA, Virgin, and Pinnacle. Do you think everyone should only work for the big legacy carriers (plus SWA) and their pet regional partners?

No. But why would you go work for a Company ie. Frontier who could close its doors any day now? Why not look for a stable company. How many times have they moved their SOC now? Let's see RIA closed its doors. Virgin is nearly out of cash and Pinnacle well, it's Pinnacle.... Not really any place I would want to go. And anyone seeking job stability and security should shy away from as well.

Stability and security are great. So is management experience. If I was a single guy with no real responsibilities I'd be happy to take that risk to advance my career.

No. But why would you go work for a Company ie. Frontier who could close its doors any day now? Why not look for a stable company. How many times have they moved their SOC now? Let's see RIA closed its doors. Virgin is nearly out of cash and Pinnacle well, it's Pinnacle.... Not really any place I would want to go. And anyone seeking job stability and security should shy away from as well.

Anyone seeking stability and security should shy away from aviation. I was nearly laid off by a stable and insanely profitable company. Job saved due to willingness of the group to take time off with out pay. Others were furloughed. It's how the business goes now.

Regardless where we all work, whether its a regional, scheduled, or an ad-hoc carrier, has its highs and its lows. But the truth is: why do we work in the flight control/dispatch realm of aviation? It's because we LOVE it. Sure, we have our •ttty days, but, overall, we love it. If we didn't, we wouldn't work here.

Who is to say that they are not going to be there in the future? You can't predict that.

When Frontier went into bankruptcy 6 years ago, moral did go down. We new a paycut was coming but one of the first things that that CEO did before coming to the workers for paycuts was to announce publicly that the executive management and I believe it inlcuded directors as well were going to take a 20 percent paycut and any paycuts from the rest of the employees would be 15 percent or less.

Even though we took a paycut a few months later, moral picked up with that statement.

The paycut that the dispatch group took was roughly 10 percent and we would get that back at a rate of rouhly 2 percent a year, thus it would take another 5 years to return back to origianl levels. By the way their pay scale tops out at mid 70s after 10 years. The reason the dispatch group signed off on it was because we had a say in what was lost/given back, it wasn't dictated to us this is what was going to happen. Again our moral improved because the company gave us a say in our future

When WN made an offer to buy F9 most people were happy to see it fail, because of the fact that the airline that they had built would be no more. Ironically moral picked up somemore.

When F9 emerged from bankruptcy, it had made an operating profit the prvious consecutive 7 months. Republic Airlines had a getting out of bankruptcy bash and the lawyers that spoke said that what F9 accomplished was beyond belief and something that seldom happens.

Yes operations were moved to IND but that was Republics choosing. The CEO eventually admitted that he had bitten off more than he could chew.

When I left F9 over a year ago, the dispatch folks were just as dedicated to the company as the one in DEN prior to the move. Frontier is a great company and if that was the only dispatch job left I would take it.

Yes they are moving back to DEN and big thanks for that belongs to the pilots.

Persoanl reasons is why I left F9 and it was not an easy choice, I went from #3 on the dispatch seniority list to practically the bottom of the combined UA/CO group.

I believe Frontier will make it, will it be easy, probably not but the folks proved that a company can do incredible things and it is that kind of attitude that will allow F9 to succeed.

Beside Frontier has some of the best airline commercials ever made.

F9DXER
(A previous one)

I would totally agree with everything f9dxer said..i too came from F9 and it is a great place to work with a great group people. Its a smaller tight knit SOC. F9 has struggled but highly doubt it will shut its doors anytime soon.

Yes it is an interesting article and I think proves the point that Republic didn't or doesn't know how to run a non-contract airline.

They dismantled the fueling department, had no idea about ticketing/reservations. They lost customers due to things like telling us to hold a Frontier flight so passengers on a late inbound regional flight (ie a non F9 flight) could make there connections. Thus the on-time rate for F9 would go downhill.

I could go on and on.

Once Bedford figured out he was in over his head, is when he decided to start looking to dump Frontier.

Again what happens after that is anyones guess but as I stated before I believe they will be around for awhile.

I like what F9DXER says about Frontier but I also know things change quickly at an airline. They recently hired the Pinnacle and ex Colgan manager of dispatch for the same position at F9. Now they post another management job externally. Management jobs usually go internally to someone familiar with the company. With management jobs going external it shows either the employees dont trust being on the management side or the upper level managers have no trust in the current supply of internal candidates.

It doesnt always mean bad things but I dont think its good to see so many management jobs go externsl.

Some companies have to post management jobs externally just to be legal. Doesn't mean that they won't go internal. Some junior management jobs are just by nature crappy and line dispatchers make the decision to have nothing to do with them. If that rules out the qualified internals, then you really don't have a choice.

I can tell you from first hand knowledge that when F9 was being moved to IND, the dispatch manager and several SOC manager positions became open. Republic never interviewed any of the F9 dispatchers that applied. It seemed like they wanted their people in there and to run it/treat it like a regional and IMO that is just what they did

Back