From A&P associate degree to a bachelors degree.

Mariano

I'm planing of attending Miramar CC in San Diego, and getting my A&P/associate degree, I was wondering if any of you have any ideas of how could I use all those credits after two years, to transfer to a four year institution, and get a bachelors degree.
It will have to be probably aviation related, I guess. Any ideas?

Mariano said:
I'm planing of attending Miramar CC in San Diego, and getting my A&P/associate degree, I was wondering if any of you have any ideas of how could I use all those credits after two years, to transfer to a four year institution, and get a bachelors degree.
It will have to be probably aviation related, I guess. Any ideas?

ERAU distance learning has a "Aviation Maintence Management" degree that gives you 36 credits for having your A&P. Then it just basic management courses. I'm in the process of signing up to do this.

USMCmech said:
ERAU distance learning has a "Aviation Maintence Management" degree that gives you 36 credits for having your A&P. Then it just basic management courses. I'm in the process of signing up to do this.

Will they transfer in credits If you did your AME/A&P from Canadian College or school?

Night Hawker said:
Will they transfer in credits If you did your AME/A&P from Canadian College or school?

I orderd the Embry Riddle package and it states that you will need a JAA or FAA A&P in order to recieve the 36 credits towards the degree. I plan on converting my AME diploma to an A&P this summer as soon a I graduate from Centennial College. You will have to do a written, oral, 3 day practical exam. Check my post in the MX forum, I asked the same question and got some very informative answers.

Cheers

Night Hawker said:
Thanks, Is the Aviation Maintainence Management degree a 2 or 4 year degree?

The associate degree is 2 yrs and 63 credits. If you have a FAA or JAA A&P you will recieve 30 credits. This leaves you with 33 credits in English,Humanities,Social Science,Math, Phsics and Management to complete. The cost is $184/credit hr.

The 4 yr degree in Prof, Aeronautics is 120 credits.
You will recieve 36 credits for your A&P license if it is FAA or JAA or
34 credits for a FAA Comm, ME,IFR

I think I'm gonna go for the associates since it gives more credit for my license.

Good Luck

Back