Foreflight Tutorials

Fearless

Dash Dominatrix
After about twenty-five years of freight and airline flying, I'm slowly working my way back to general aviation. I'm completely new to Foreflight. I'd like to study a few tutorials and/or video courses prior to using the app. What do you recommend? Thanks to all!

Fearless
(CFI/CFII/MEI)

After about twenty-five years of freight and airline flying, I'm slowly working my way back to general aviation. I'm completely new to Foreflight. I'd like to study a few tutorials and/or video courses prior to using the app. What do you recommend? Thanks to all!

Fearless
(CFI/CFII/MEI)
The ForeFlight YouTube channel is probably the best place to start

Fearless
(CFI/CFII/MEI)

There is probably some great YouTube content out there, but it is pretty intuitive once you start using it. I'm not a guru, but pretty good with it if you have any specific questions.

#1 Make sure you charge the iPad. #2 Have a USB backup battery. #3 Don't let the iPad overheat.

Otherwise, ForeFlight is pretty easy to figure out itself. Setting up the W&B can be tricky, because the screens look different between iPhone and Tablet layouts. And having the correct equipment codes is important to keep flight plans from getting kicked back. Only two gotchas I can think of.

Back