**FOR NYC PEPC OTS ONLY!** The "I Finally Got My FOL" Thread

Re: **FOR NYC PEPC OTS ONLY!** The "I Finally Got My FOL" Th

unless you had some precription meds you were on and declared there isn't much for them to look at.

That's pretty much the problem. I take a medication that's on the FAA banned list and I'm hoping they'll give me a Special Issuance, but that's a big "maybe."

this is a huge conspiracy! everybody is pulling a funny and it is NOT funny!

What does the FOL say? Look Like? Email? Snail Mail? Include an academy date? Details!

I got another geo pref email today... guess I'll answer it :drool:

My HR rep contacted me by phone and then email saying my clearances are all received and that she has slotted me for the Oct. 21st class.... She said that I would also receive a hard copy of my FOL via snailmail. I hope this helps with some of your questions..... :buck:

My HR rep contacted me by phone and then email saying my clearances are all received and that she has slotted me for the Oct. 21st class.... She said that I would also receive a hard copy of my FOL via snailmail. I hope this helps with some of your questions..... :buck:

Who's is your rep ?

I wonder if they do it alphabetically....Is your last name A-C ?

I agree that this isn't funny

I was told the exact same thing.

I just tried calling my HR rep to get an update... but he's out of the office until August 18th!!!!
WTF.gif
So, I called the person he said to contact on his voicemail, and was able to find out that my medical was finally cleared, so I'm just now waiting on my security....

The bad news is that she told me that new classes for En Route and non-essential terminal people won't start until Jan 1, 2009 :banghead: ... The good news is that I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to GEICO!

That's pretty much the problem. I take a medication that's on the FAA banned list and I'm hoping they'll give me a Special Issuance, but that's a big "maybe."
have you posted in the AME forum about it? You need a good AME to fight for you, your PCP isn't really qualified as he/she doesn't know the ins and outs of the FAA system.

have you posted in the AME forum about it? You need a good AME to fight for you, your PCP isn't really qualified as he/she doesn't know the ins and outs of the FAA system.

Yeah, I PM'd My Flight Surgeon right after I got back from the PEPC about it. I just want to know one way or the other at this point. If my medical clears and I make it through, that'd be great, but still, I'd love it if they'd just tell me "Sorry, No Dice," so I could just move on. I've poured so much of myself into this over the past few months, it's getting to me :banghead:

More info......

Brenda called me right at 5pm (just now) and was returning my call b/c I requested an earlier start date than Oct. 21st.... She told me that no HR rep is allowed to schedule start dates before Oct 1. She said that it is due to fiscal budgeting.... She said that if that changes she will notify me and put me in the next class b/c I told her I will go on a days notice if necessary... My gold ticket to the academy though is NLT Oct. 21.

More info......

Brenda called me right at 5pm (just now) and was returning my call b/c I requested an earlier start date than Oct. 21st.... She told me that no HR rep is allowed to schedule start dates before Oct 1. She said that it is due to fiscal budgeting.... She said that if that changes she will notify me and put me in the next class b/c I told her I will go on a days notice if necessary... My gold ticket to the academy though is NLT Oct. 21.

Well that truely is good news that you finally have your FOL. Now I just wish they would get to mine. I am getting stir crazy and rather depressed sitting here in Texas with no damn rain. BOR-RING!!!! I thought for sure getting out of the desert would at least earn me a thunderstorm, but no. Not even Eduardo is going to get to me......:( sad!

got an email from my HR rep Sept 9th is my class date!!! He said that my clearances are done and i just needed to confirm if i wanted that date!

I am a little more psych'd today... found out my medical clearance went through finally (I was sweating this one). Now, I'm just waiting for the background check to finish. Everyone that got their letters sent them back last week, so I'm hoping that I'll get something this week.

BTW- nice to see my thread actually found its purpose and didn't get kicked to the lavatory!
Bathroom.gif

Back