Flight Attendant uses Aircraft PA for a 'spiritual moment'

derg

Apparently a "terse" writer
Staff member
http://www.examiner.com/article/fli...ft-public-address-system-for-spiritual-moment

Passengers on board an American Eagle flight from Chicago, IL to Madison, WI last Saturday received more than just a flight between the two cities. A flight attendant used the aircraft's public address system to have a "heart to heart" with them and to remind everyone how "special" they were.

One the passengers on board, Kurt, wrote to gawker.com:

"The flight attendant wanted to have spiritual heart to heart with passengers as they boarded and seeing as I was at a bachelor party in Nashville the night before I really didn't need a spiritual cleansing. Nonetheless I was told I was 'filled with power and confidence', given a hug and allowed to take my seat."

Kurt recorded the sermon preached by the flight attendant and uploaded it to the internet.

The flight attendant was overly joyful and told passengers "we all have good things inside of us, we do. I want everyone to know that you're special." She continues by saying "I need everyone's attention now, because this is so strong in my spirit."

The full audio can be heard by clicking here.

In recent months flight crews have been making headlines for strange and erratic behavior such as the JetBlue pilot who suffered a panic attack and was locked out of the flight deck mid-flight and the American Airlines flight attendant who used the public address system to inform the passengers that their flight would likely crash.

This situation is a bit different in that the flight attendant wasn't acting erratically, but rather sharing her spiritual awakening with the cabin.

Some passengers, like Kurt, were annoyed with the message being delivered, while others can be heard cheering for the flight attendant at the end of her speech.

Sent from my TRS-80

She's not GOING nuts...she IS nuts...and famous around the ORD base for it. I've flown with her and interacted with her numerous times. This sermon is nothing new. She's always telling the passengers things like "have a blessed day" when they leave the airplane and always talking about Jesus. We all knew she was going to get nailed for it one day.

I dream of one day making a PA free airline. Free of; credit card sales, reading off about how much your valued, where baggage can be picked up, enjoy wherever your travels take you, sitting back and relaxing, what direction the wind is, if there is anything else we can do to make your flight more enjoyable ............Its not radio, and dead air is GREAT!

Another interesting story...one day she was in the ORD crew room with another flight attendant having a typical religion chat. When the other flight attendant complained of stomach pains, they started praying to Jesus, outloud, to ward off the "diarrhea demons."

complete lack of professionalism...its funny how you throw religion in and that happens...nut job

She said nothing to identify a God, did she? There was nothing that made it religious.

You may have a more involved experience with this co-worker. For someone on the outside, looking in, this particular event is a non-event. If two believers feel compelled to pray in public that is their RIGHT. Legitimate, unalienable right. If you don't like it, walk away.

If our country is founded on certain rights, these rights apply to all who are here legally. And even, in the opinion of our Government, illegally. I took an oath to support that document, and whether I agree with someone, or not, doesn't remove that right. Peaceful assembly, or religious freedom. Pick one.

Kingairer said:
I dream of one day making a PA free airline. Free of; credit card sales, reading off about how much your valued, where baggage can be picked up, enjoy wherever your travels take you, sitting back and relaxing, what direction the wind is, if there is anything else we can do to make your flight more enjoyable ............Its not radio, and dead air is GREAT!

Actually there are already several such airlines you speak of. FedEx and UPS come to mind. :)

B.F.D. This is news WHY?
Oh right, because it happened on an airplane. If it happened in a grocery store, it would be irrelevant.

Most likely because if I don't want to hear at a grocery store I can leave without the brisk wind and 15,000 foot drop associated with departing a regional in flight :)

Most likely because if I don't want to hear at a grocery store I can leave without the brisk wind and 15,000 foot drop associated with departing a regional in flight :)

THAT'S why it made the news? I thought more highly of you. ;)

Back