First wave of layoffs for Lynx Aviation today

Its Air Wisconsin Airlines Corp...Or something like that.

I know this is confusing to folks and it sucks to see people lose there job, temporarily, but its all the same company now. Most are looking at it as Republic taking more jobs...Well these are republic routes, this isnt a contract. Frontier does not own these routes, lynx doesnt own these routes, RAH does. This is an airline using an airplane they see better fits the market and the overall bottom line. The reason listed inhouse is the Q4s mx/completion factor. Most all of us at RAH are scratching our heads to as to why this decision was made. THe Q4 was all the rage, and was a good reason why we lost our DEN base back in 2008. It makes sense to us, but we arent looking at the infamous big picture. The idea that BB wants to screw lynx, which means screw himself, since he owns lynx is far fetched. Its all RAH. If SLI hadnt taken this long, we'd be talking about these guys getting displaced from the Q4 and into the schoolhouse for training on a new airplane...Now itll just be a few months down the road.

if you assume that he worked at lynx, and he's saying it's an interview, how did you get to assuming it's an integration?

It can be both. RAH needs pilots, but knows they will be aquiring more pilots once the integration is done this summer. So they hire the pilot they will be aquiring in the future, and the just hire them now. Once the integration is complete, they will be placed where there new integrated seniority allows.

Its Air Wisconsin Airlines Corp...Or something like that.

I know this is confusing to folks and it sucks to see people lose there job, temporarily, but its all the same company now. Most are looking at it as Republic taking more jobs...Well these are republic routes, this isnt a contract. Frontier does not own these routes, lynx doesnt own these routes, RAH does. This is an airline using an airplane they see better fits the market and the overall bottom line. The reason listed inhouse is the Q4s mx/completion factor. Most all of us at RAH are scratching our heads to as to why this decision was made. THe Q4 was all the rage, and was a good reason why we lost our DEN base back in 2008. It makes sense to us, but we arent looking at the infamous big picture. The idea that BB wants to screw lynx, which means screw himself, since he owns lynx is far fetched. Its all RAH. If SLI hadnt taken this long, we'd be talking about these guys getting displaced from the Q4 and into the schoolhouse for training on a new airplane...Now itll just be a few months down the road.

Keeping the Q's would bring Republic's types up to what, 3? I'm guessing that's why they're getting rid of them. The more types you have the more expensive/subject to breakdown the entire system is. Look at SWA, they had 727s for like 2 or 3 years and then went to an all 737 fleet again. They could also probably make lots of money if they threw something like a 757 on a few of their longer routes. But then they'd have training costs, crew utilization costs, mx costs etc. As much profit as they could make on certain flights, it would probably be a losing venture to keep 11 planes.

A lot of what I'm reading here is just completely asinine, Q4fast's posts excluded. Whether or not BB got rid of Lynx and the Qs out of spite will never probably be known, but I firmly believe he's the type to cut off his nose to spite the rest of his face. Putting 190s and 170s on routes like TUL or OKC or ICT is fine...not really Q routes the Q was made for anyway. But ASE and JAC??? WTFO?? I don't trust BB or his cronies at all. Many former RAH people I've talked to agree and they have enlightened me to the way RAH treats its "family". They've taken a good little company with a positive growing culture and killed it. F9 isn't far behind.

RAH has offered Lynx people interviews, but really?? Interviews?? With that ridiculous 2 year contract to boot? You can't be serious. Thanks for trying to offer me a job, but no thanks. Why should I "interview" for a company I don't really want to work for (never have wanted to actually) when I can wait and see if the list the arbitrator hands down is worth bothering to accept the recall. All without the two year contract. I want to be able to bolt the minute something better comes my way. And while I'm on this rant...whats with the whole "DOH is the best we can expect?" I understand that we weren't around that long and I'm not looking for a windfall by any means, but if RAH wants DOH for us so bad the how about giving it to EVERY Midwest pilot?

Lynx was comprised of some of the finest people I've had the privledge of working with. Our current ACP and CP have been absolutely EXCELLENT and it was just a neat little company. Yeah the pay sucked, but out of the three 121 airlines I've worked for, I can honestly say Lynx was the best and my favorite. Almost all the people there had a lot of experience and were very high time. They left their current jobs to be based in DEN. DEN was one of the main draws for me...short commute with no chance of getting displaced somewhere else. So to say Lynx was the best some of us could get is just ridiculous. It's sad to see what has happened and the attitude I see from so many is maddening.

Attachments

• E-3B.jpg
    E-3B.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 67
RAH to Lynx: "DOH is the best you can expect."
RAH to Midwest/Frontier: "DOH is totally unfair!! We bought you! We bought you!"

(probably an exageration.)

I wonder if a 170 can even go to Eagle, CO. Or are they just going to drop that destination?

RAH to Midwest/Frontier: "DOH is totally unfair!! We bought you! We bought you!"

I wonder if a 170 can even go to Eagle, CO. Or are they just going to drop that destination?

Probably not.

Word is they filed the paperwork to try to get the 170 into ASE. I don't know its exact performace numbers, but I'm guessing taking the bus would be safer. And by bus I mean Greyhound.

One size does not fit all.

Look at the track record JTrain. SLI's have gone only one way in the past and that is in the favor of RAH period. I personally have no respect for WH or BB. BB claims to be full of Christian values in his writings to crews and then twists the knife in their back with his actions. If he wanted to do the right thing the pilots would be brought over date of hire with fences not put on the street and made to interview again for a job they already had and sign a contract.

The 2 year contract is BS IMO but BB does learn from his mistakes. After the Shuttle merger a lot of guys took the E170 training and then quit within less than a year costing the company a lot of money.

I find it hard to believe the E170/190 would beat the Q in mountain area flying or in fuel burns. If you parked E170 next to the Q and priced the 170 50 bucks more I bet you the jet would still sell out first. The media has the public convinced props are dangerous.

IMO BB would rather see all the Lynx and Frontier pilots on the street and just hire a bunch of low cost newbies to backfill openings at their CRJ levels after upgrades.

and with airlines there are little lies, big lies, and statistics.

If he wanted to do the right thing the pilots would be brought over date of hire with fences not put on the street and made to interview again for a job they already had and sign a contract.

You should know enough that this is a union issue. BB cant just allow a group of pilot, regardless of who, to come in at DOH. Our union wouldnt allow it and any union worth anything wouldnt allow it. I agree the 2 yr contract is BS...Im not sure if thats been verified yet, and I know our union is fighting for these guys to be treated as more then just new hires while we wait for the SLI to be complete.

You should know enough that this is a union issue. BB cant just allow a group of pilot, regardless of who, to come in at DOH. Our union wouldnt allow it and any union worth anything wouldnt allow it. I agree the 2 yr contract is BS...Im not sure if thats been verified yet, and I know our union is fighting for these guys to be treated as more then just new hires while we wait for the SLI to be complete.

You are correct and I am well aware of how unions work and been through the arbitration before. If it is going to arbitration then the union isn't offering a whole lot either on either side.

Back