FedEx Going External

Memphis has it’s less than stellar areas yes, but with the money you make, and the low cost of living here, even in the nicer areas, it’s not bad. A lot of FDX people live in the Collierville or Germantown areas, and those are as upscale as almost any other upscale area in the US.

Memphis isn't bad - I am from the area and really like it. You have choices to live, South Heaven is nice as well as Olive Branch and Horn Lake is nice as well all in MS.

This might be true if you have the luxury of multiple major offers to choose from. But that's not a very common "problem" to have.

Uncommon... look it up. Things happen and there are some who look at a whole picture instead of picking the first major that answers. That’s how employees become bitter. Jumping ship too fast.

Uncommon... look it up. Things happen and there are some who look at a whole picture instead of picking the first major that answers. That’s how employees become bitter. Jumping ship too fast.

maybe other jobs, but when it comes to dispatchers it would be very uncommon for someone to not pick “the first major that answers”... there could be some dispatchers but It’s very very uncommon...

And also when it comes to time to top out, if people had a choice between multiple majors at the same time I don’t think time to top out should matter much. I would pay more attention to location and company culture. Most likely your new company will end up with a new contract within 5-7 years and top pay along with time to top out could change anyways. As someone said before, get the job and then worry about time to top out.

maybe other jobs, but when it comes to dispatchers it would be very uncommon for someone to not pick “the first major that answers”... there could be some dispatchers but It’s very very uncommon...

And also when it comes to time to top out, if people had a choice between multiple majors at the same time I don’t think time to top out should matter much. I would pay more attention to location and company culture. Most likely your new company will end up with a new contract within 5-7 years and top pay along with time to top out could change anyways. As someone said before, get the job and then worry about time to top out.

I personally know people who have declined an offer to wait for the one they actually want. Uncommon doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen.

If anybody knows how long it takes to top out, please let me know. Thank you!

I personally know people who have declined an offer to wait for the one they actually want. Uncommon doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen.

Are you talking about people in flight ops or actual dispatchers that declined offers from a major airline?
I’ve worked at 3 regionals before making it to a major and I have never met a dispatcher that got an offer from a major and declined it. I have met a few that were happy where they were and never apply to other jobs but that’s a different story altogether.

If they mirror Delta... It's a 10 year scale.

Back