FBO Etiquette

Maybe the pilots expected it to be a quick turn but the passengers changed plans. Also why does an airplane need to be occupied to have a GPU.

Maybe the pilots expected it to be a quick turn but the passengers changed plans. Also why does an airplane need to be occupied to have a GPU.

I gave the crew the benefit of the doubt but this has happened on numerous occasions. Not to sure what's going on whether its pax, plans, or what have you but always the same company (different crew, different pax). Not bad mouthing but it takes away resources that other aircraft could be using. As far as the GPU thing, that's a mystery to me. A fellow lineman asked the crew if we could disconnect power but crew insisted that the GPU be "running" AND "sending power". Still scratching my head on this one haha

I gave the crew the benefit of the doubt but this has happened on numerous occasions. Not to sure what's going on whether its pax, plans, or what have you but always the same company (different crew, different pax). Not bad mouthing but it takes away resources that other aircraft could be using. As far as the GPU thing, that's a mystery to me. A fellow lineman asked the crew if we could disconnect power but crew insisted that the GPU be "running" AND "sending power". Still scratching my head on this one haha
Summer time? Running the A/C. Winter time? Aux heat.

My only pet peeve when it comes to line guys is when they assume. Especially when they are given explicit instructions to do otherwise. The general rule is if you don't know, ask and if you have an "idea", ask. If you know but haven't been told, ask.

My only pet peeve when it comes to line guys is when they assume. Especially when they are given explicit instructions to do otherwise. The general rule is if you don't know, ask and if you have an "idea", ask. If you know but haven't been told, ask.

I agree. Although it can be a fine line. I remember long ago when I was working as a line guy at KSDL, Id get jets that would come in and Id ask regarding things which weren't mentioned or made clear on the pre-request, or would ask about something aircraft-specific to them, and would get the annoyed "why don't you already know" tone in their answer. Again, not always, but sometimes it was a fine line to walk as a line guy.

I hear ya but dbags like that are going to be douches regardless. One of our pilots treats FBO employees like absolute dirt and I always make it a point to never be like that.

I hear ya but dbags like that are going to be douches regardless. One of our pilots treats FBO employees like absolute dirt and I always make it a point to never be like that.

That's why I say that I agree with you overall. Just that the dbags can sometimes cause some lineguys.....likely newer ones....to be a bit gun-shy. Still, better to ask and get it right, than to not.

18976232.jpg

They need to have one for the airlines. Calls for a quick turn, disappears to Starbucks when we're ready to board. :p

Back