Failed MMPI at PEPC?

Has anybody gotten any phone calls about the MMPI? I'm in the pubnat2 group and got one. They called me and told me I failed it. I don't know how this is possible with questions such as "Do you see animals that aren't there?" I have never had any kind of problems with taking these psych tests before. It's just a bit unsettling to me that the e-mail they sent after talking on the phone said that this will "slow your medical clearance processing down by at least 10 - 12 weeks." Apparently I will retake the long version of the test and be re-evaluated. But 10-12 weeks... damn.

You're probably just a goody two shoes or a perfect mormon boy. Just answer some questions to make you seem slightly dangerous and sex crazed.

This information is on the first page towards the bottom. It depends on what region you're placed in. Follow the link that's posted earlier in the thread

Post #23.

ARRRRRGHHH!!!! i called her and she said i didn't pass it!!!:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

just out of curiosity, for questions like "do you get angry from time to time?"
am i supposed to put true? I have a feeling it came down to how i interpreted certain questions. This is very very very lame.

ARRRRRGHHH!!!! i called her and she said i didn't pass it!!!:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

am i supposed to put true? I have a feeling it came down to how i interpreted certain questions. This is very very very lame.

Yes...you should have said true to questions like that. It's kind of a given that people get angry from time to time. It's a given that people have lied at some point. Its a given that most people have stolen something as a child.

My advice for those about to take it.........look at the question literally and answer it as it is....don't try to interpret it.... but what do I know.....i don't wanna find out if I passed.

Yes...you should have said true to questions like that. It's kind of a given that people get angry from time to time. It's a given that people have lied at some point. Its a given that most people have stolen something as a child.

My advice for those about to take it.........look at the question literally and answer it as it is....don't try to interpret it.... but what do I know.....i don't wanna find out if I passed.

lol...i kinda feel the same way. i dont know if i wanna call or not. ignorance is bliss

ok, i got off the phone with sandra poland, she said she does not know why i didn't pass the test, but i'm just on a list, and i didn't clear. she said the next step would be for me to get evaluated by a psychologist that they pay for. anybody heard of this? also, apparently i took the mmpi and got my interview before i even got my tentative offer letter, so i dont' know what the hell is going on.

Man, this makes me nervous again! I was hoping I was clear, since it seemed like they were calling people who did not pass at the end of last week...

I was at the MCI PEPC (11/18) I called my HR rep yesterday and they told me I wasn't crazy (meaning I passed MMPI). Thank heavens. I answered every question honestly. I wouldn't want to be a librarian, I like some poetry, I have wanted to smash things at times, and I am not afraid of dirt. I don't know about you guys, but I needed to know so I called. I'm in the southern region. My HR rep also told me that she would be calling us (southern terminal people) to set up class dates at some point this week. As for you guys that didn't pass-don't worry about it. Hang in there. You'll get through it just may take some more time.

I was at the MCI PEPC (11/18) I called my HR rep yesterday and they told me I wasn't crazy (meaning I passed MMPI). Thank heavens. I answered every question honestly. I wouldn't want to be a librarian, I like some poetry, I have wanted to smash things at times, and I am not afraid of dirt. I don't know about you guys, but I needed to know so I called. I'm in the southern region. My HR rep also told me that she would be calling us (southern terminal people) to set up class dates at some point this week. As for you guys that didn't pass-don't worry about it. Hang in there. You'll get through it just may take some more time.

This week is great news....

Yeah i remember these questions...i prob should have taken more time to actually think about it...i said false to smashing things, and questions like it...:banghead:Now that i think about it, it was pretty stupid of me to answer false. I was done with the test in like 15 minutes...ugh. hopefully i get to talk to that psychologist soon...

that sucks...did you say "no" to the question "Have You Ever Lied?"

seems like everyone who failed said no to that.

honestly i dont remeber there were way too many ??'s to remember that specific one. but IMO i think i would be crazy if i told my potentional employer that yes i do lie..doesnt make sense to me.

honestly i dont remeber there were way too many ??'s to remember that specific one. but IMO i think i would be crazy if i told my potentional employer that yes i do lie..doesnt make sense to me.
There's your problem. You have to tell the truth on the test! They don't see what questions you answer anyways, they just see an evaluation of the testing. Of course you've told a lie. Everyone has. They expect you to say true.

Yeah, saying you've never lied IS a lie and they probably auto-DQ if many of those types of questions get answered that way. There were others sprinkled throughout the test, though I don't remember specific ones. They're red flag questions, and the test results will inform the examiner that the test taker was either lying, or not paying attention to the test. Either way it doesn't bode well.

When you get to retake, definitely be honest.

man now i gotta wait till march!! agh! but i guess thats not necessarily bad, i get to save more money and get my tax returns by then hopefully! but i think it just makes me upset that i know it was probly some stupid question...i mean i know i aint crazy but now i gotta set up more appts and ANOTHER test! sorry im just venting..

Back