Failed MMPI at PEPC?

:yeahthat:

Dont give up just yet unless you have a good plan B.

the only other person that ive heard of failing the tier 2 appealed and is back in the system.

but hey, i hear amtrak is hiring train controllers. my co-worker took that after finding out that he was color blind, and he's got a good career under his belt.

:yeahthat:

Dont give up just yet unless you have a good plan B.

the only other person that ive heard of failing the tier 2 appealed and is back in the system.

but hey, i hear amtrak is hiring train controllers. my co-worker took that after finding out that he was color blind, and he's got a good career under his belt.
A train controller? now HOW do you get that job?

Well I was told by aviation medical last week that the goal was to have everyone contacted from the chicago march pepc by today with there retake info. So for those of you like me who still have not received there retake info please let us know if you get a call today or if you have different info than I have.

Well I was told by aviation medical last week that the goal was to have everyone contacted from the chicago march pepc by today with there retake info. So for those of you like me who still have not received there retake info please let us know if you get a call today or if you have different info than I have.

Ha thats funny I was told again last week when I called I would hear something by friday, as in last friday. So Hopefully that will translate into this friday. From what i was told it was issues contacting doctors. Ill just be happy if or when I finally can get everything over withand then get to start waiting for a response.

Ha thats funny I was told again last week when I called I would hear something by friday, as in last friday. So Hopefully that will translate into this friday. From what i was told it was issues contacting doctors. Ill just be happy if or when I finally can get everything over withand then get to start waiting for a response.

Well I am going to give them a call today and see if there is anyway to get the info this week so that I can schedule it for next week. I had to put in my two weeks notice at my current place of employment, and I am starting my new job on the 3rd of August. I would like to retake it next week because I will not have time off available to me right away when I start my new job.

so i took my reevaluation on tuesday, it went fine but I took something that had 300 questions and then the mmpi II, who can tell me what that first test was because I was assuming that it was 175 questions on the first, Now waiting to see if Im crazy or not

so i took my reevaluation on tuesday, it went fine but I took something that had 300 questions and then the mmpi II, who can tell me what that first test was because I was assuming that it was 175 questions on the first, Now waiting to see if Im crazy or not

I think someone said something on a different page about having to take the MMPI 2, a 300 question test, and a 175 question test. I wish I could tell you what it was but I am still waiting to find out who my doctor is that I have to retake the test with. :)

Paranoid........ these are the questions I remember most...

People are out to get you. False
Sometimes I feel like everyone wants to see me fail. False
I have failed because others made me. False
Most people get to the top by stepping on others. False
People will think i am nuts after this test because they want to see me fail. False.

I think this test is more about consistency than anything... They tell you that you can't fool the test..... but imagine if i answered the above t,f,t,f,t,f.....
I think I'd be seen as nuts.. I swear....there were times during the test that I thought....what do they want me to say.....what did i say earlier....

i was just honest though...

Yeah this test is looking for consistency. I just took another one, (MMPI),for my medical (which by the way I've been trying to get since 9/07), and the evaluator told me that I only needed to answer the first 300 or 350 questions. He said that that would tell him all that he needed to know. Let me add that this if for the 1st class med cert and not for atc.

atp

If the first test could be answered "false" to "mostly true" then it was the PAI exam.

theres an other one that you could take but i cant remember the name. it's more similiar to the MMPI and has similiar issues.

Alright it is almost high noon on the east coast and no call with my doctors info. I don't know about the rest of you in the same position as me, but the suspense is killing me!

Well after all the suspense I finally got my retake info!!! :rawk:
So I will call the doc on monday (they were closed today) and make my appointment and start the waiting all over again. Hope those of you who are still waiting to get there retake information got good news today. Hope everyone has a good weekend, because I am off to the golf course.

Got the dreaded letter in the mail saying I need further pyschological evaluation after taking my MMPI2. anyone else receive this in the mail?

Re-take advice after speaking to my assigned shrink during my re-take:

DONT READ ANYTHING INTO THE QUESTION THAT ISN'T EXPLICITLY ASKED. Read, react, next. Read, react, next. Repeat. Don't think much, don't over-analyze and be honest. Most obvious first gut response. Do that and you will pass...unless you really are crazy of course.

A good thing to practice on is one of those "20 Questions" games in the toy isle. You can do it online here: http://www.20q.net/ Don't read too much into the questions or over-analyze or it will be inconclusive, same way the MMPI works.

For those of you who have been through "further evaluation" from their MMPI2,

Does anyone know why some people received a phone call and why some received a letter in the mail? I'm just wondering if one means something different than the other?

Well I finally got my medical clearance...it's already been a long haul for me...Hopefully I'll hear something from HR soon about class dates.

Back