Failed MMPI at PEPC?

For all those who have already been retested and passed with flying colors, do you know if this test is compared to the first one? If it is, are they expecting to you to answer the exact the same way that you did on the first time around or do they want you to "fix" your answers? I'm asking because I have no idea why i was flagged if all you had to do to pass is be honest. It barely took me 40 minutes to finish and I put so little though into the questions I barely remember any of them. I don't think I'm carzy...I'm 26, so if I was crazy I'm pretty sure someone would have said something by now.

For all those who have already been retested and passed with flying colors, do you know if this test is compared to the first one? If it is, are they expecting to you to answer the exact the same way that you did on the first time around or do they want you to "fix" your answers? I'm asking because I have no idea why i was flagged if all you had to do to pass is be honest. It barely took me 40 minutes to finish and I put so little though into the questions I barely remember any of them. I don't think I'm carzy...I'm 26, so if I was crazy I'm pretty sure someone would have said something by now.

I am getting retested next tuesday. If you browse this forum you can find some good info. From my understanding you will talk to the shrink, re-take the MMIP-2 (all 567 questions), then take another test where you answer very true, somewhat true, somewhat false, very false. After you are done with all of this you get to wait 90 days before contacting your medical division where they told you that you failed. You really can't "fix" your answers, you just had inconsistancies that were flagged. I will post my experience after my appointment on tuesday.

Futureatcihope, What pubnat did you get accepted to. Just wondering how long it will take to get our retake info.

Futureatcihope, What pubnat did you get accepted to. Just wondering how long it will take to get our retake info.

Pubnat 3. I went to the chicago pepc in march. They then had some dispute with the company who issued the mmpi exam. I didn't find out I failed the mmpi until the first week of june. I didn't get my retake info until the last week of July. So I don't know how long you will have to wait. At least you got your mmpi results in a timely manner.

I actually asked my shrink the same exact question and he said that I needed to be honest and answer with the first thing that comes to my mind. He advised that there would be no comparison with the initial MMPI we took and the purpose of the retake was to imply to those that were "trying too hard to make themselves look good" to be honest instead. They understand that we are human beings and are not perfect, they just do not want to hire liars (and/or inconsistent people).

So don't say true to "I always tell the truth", then turn around and answer false to "I have never lied" :)

Woohoo I finally got my medical cleared. :rawk: I received a letter in the mail stating that I have been cleared. Now it's back on the same grind and leave many messages on my HR reps answering machine!

Time frame for me:

Nov '08 KC PEPC
The bad news: February
MMPI T2: March 5th
Cleared(letter): August 7th

Woohoo I finally got my medical cleared. :rawk: I received a letter in the mail stating that I have been cleared. Now it's back on the same grind and leave many messages on my HR reps answering machine!

Time frame for me:

Nov '08 KC PEPC
The bad news: February
MMPI T2: March 5th
Cleared(letter): August 7th

Better late then never. Congrats

All right folks today was the day for my retake. First it started at 9am by diving right into two computerized tests. The first was 175 questions true or false, similar to the MMPI. Then I retook the MMPI (all 567 questions). After that I had a written 300 plus question test, similar questions to the other two but more options for answers (False, Somewhat True, Mostly True, Very True). After all three tests the doctor had his own history assesment packet that I had to fill out. Basically the packet asked questions about your backround, your work history, have you ever tried an illegal drug, have you ever received a moving violation, have you ever seen a psychologist before this. After filling this out when I assumed it was going to the FAA, I found out that he just writes his summary from what I put in this packet, so I was honest, which I am not sure if it will help or hurt. After all the tests and the packet the doc came in and interviewed me. Basically he asked me the same questions as the packet did and he wrote all over a worksheet. He did tell me however that the reason I "failed" the first time was that I was to defensive and I looked as though I had absolutley no flaws. I tried to be as honest as I could, not sure what will happen now. I thought I would be happy that it is over, but now I wonder if I was honest enough, or if I screwed up or whatever. Even though the doc said he could not give me any feed back he did let me know that I was not crazy and that there were no straight jackets in my future. I pray that all goes well, and that I did not screw anything up. By the way I left his office at 2pm, so a total of 5 hours in a small testing room. Hope this was helpful and please keep your fingers crossed, I need all the help I can get.:)

Congrats for making it through that process. Did he go over your results from the first time you took the test at all? Also, how long did it take you from the time you were notified you failed until you got your retake info?

Thanks and Good Luck.

Congrats for making it through that process. Did he go over your results from the first time you took the test at all? Also, how long did it take you from the time you were notified you failed until you got your retake info?

Thanks and Good Luck.

He just told me that the reason I failed was because I was too defensive. Which means, according to him, that my answers showed that I was a flawless person (which I am not!!!!!). So at least I know that I am not crazy. I just skewed the truth a little. It took me over 60 days to from when I was notified until I took the retake. Now I have to wait another 90. I am not sure how much more I can handle, I think I am crazier now than when I started this process last year.:insane:

I was told that everything I filled out in the packet still go to the FAA Psych along with his summary/report for him to assess. So what you write down is important even though you may not even talk about it in the interview with the psych.

Future, I can't remember where I went, but did you go to the one in Atlanta?

I thought he was real nice and honest. Which made me feel good. He said he'd send out all the info in no more than 3 days.

I was told that everything I filled out in the packet still go to the FAA Psych along with his summary/report for him to assess. So what you write down is important even though you may not even talk about it in the interview with the psych.

Future, I can't remember where I went, but did you go to the one in Atlanta?

I thought he was real nice and honest. Which made me feel good. He said he'd send out all the info in no more than 3 days.

I went to the doc off of Windy Hill Rd, just out side the perimeter. He told me that the packet I filled out did not go to the FAA, he just used it for his summary. I thought he was a nice guy. He made me feel a little better when he told me that he did not think I was crazy.:insane:

PubNat 4, Chicago region guy here...

6 weeks since my retake and still no news. Half way to the point I am "allowed" to call them for an update. Wonder where my paperwork is...Lisle? Des Plaines? DC? OKC? The suspense is killing me! I'm happy to wait as long as they finally clear me though...I guess.

Anyone else hear anything?

PubNat 4, Chicago region guy here...

6 weeks since my retake and still no news. Half way to the point I am "allowed" to call them for an update. Wonder where my paperwork is...Lisle? Des Plaines? DC? OKC? The suspense is killing me! I'm happy to wait as long as they finally clear me though...I guess.

Anyone else hear anything?

I am coming up on 3 weeks this tuesday. I have not heard anything. Let us know when you get the good news. At least you will be able to give them a call in the next two weeks for an update. Hope all goes well for you.

Called the Chicago office today...they said my paperwork was sent to DC last week. I took the re-eval on July 13th. It's almost been my 60 days and they JUST sent my paperwork to DC last week??? This is CRAZY!!!

Called the Chicago office today...they said my paperwork was sent to DC last week. I took the re-eval on July 13th. It's almost been my 60 days and they JUST sent my paperwork to DC last week??? This is CRAZY!!!

i took mine early feb and didn't get my results until may, which told me i was medically DQ'd and could appeal within 2 weeks.

I decided not to, and to go back to school. I'm very happy with my decision, and in hindsight, this job wasn't really for me. I wish the rest of you the best of luck though.

mrbrim you are not giving me much hope :). I went to the doc on the 11th of August and the doc said he sent the paperwork back 4 days after. So I hope my paperwork is not just sitting in Chicago. I hope you get some good news soon. I don't know about you but this suspense is gut wrenching.:eek:

Back