Express Jet Hiring FAs Again

Had a van ride with a nice young lady from ExpressJet while I was on my way to catch a deadhead back to Atlanta out of Dulles.

She was under the impression that our management was going to take their pay down to what our FAs make...all without even a recognition of the fact these girls (and guys...) are working under a CBA.

She didn't seem too educated on the process, but here is to putting some more junior girls (and guys...) below her on a seniority list. Real nice girl, hope it works for her.

We're hiring more, because they abused the last batch of new-hires so bad that probably 50% of them have already quit.

Oh heck, word on the street is that "we've" only got a 60 to 70% retention rate for IFS as well.

Oh heck, word on the street is that "we've" only got a 60 to 70% retention rate for IFS as well.

I believe it.

Honestly, I've found those who last the longest are typically men or women who are retired, or were very successful in another career path. They are somewhat financially stable, therefore use the FA salary as "fun money" and take full advantage of the travel benefits to see the world.

Absolutely nothing wrong with it. Just something I've noticed.

The only problem is that it becomes difficult for those who enjoy the job and want to make a career of it to advance pay and benefits at the regional level.

Kinda like the pilots. :cool:

I kept in touch with a guy who was hired with me. He told me a ton of the more senior FAs came into ORD from EWR to hold lines pushing the new hires to a longer wait on reserve. Many couldnt deal with it and bailed. There were a lot of young folks from what I remember. Some right out of high school.

I believe it.

Honestly, I've found those who last the longest are typically men or women who are retired, or were very successful in another career path. They are somewhat financially stable, therefore use the FA salary as "fun money" and take full advantage of the travel benefits to see the world.

Absolutely nothing wrong with it. Just something I've noticed.

The only problem is that it becomes difficult for those who enjoy the job and want to make a career of it to advance pay and benefits at the regional level.

Kinda like the pilots. :cool:
:yeahthat:And it's SO frustrating when I'm sitting on an airplane as a passenger and hear some FA bragging about her two successful boutique stores. Air fares are so cheap now I don't see why these people can't just buy a ticket (they can obviously afford it) and get positive space rather than try to compete for all too often limited or nonexistent nonrev seats. Let people who really want/need the job have it! I mean I can't compete with business owners as a candidate. /end rant :eek:

:D1st year FA's at Express, and many other regionals make more than I do... Maybe I chose the wrong job lol... kidding about the last part:beer:

Back