Even more Colgan Rumors

Big rumor is OUT!!!

CJC to be sole Regional carrier for long dong wang bang air out of general tso province of china. In addition to having standing room only aircraft (q-400) configured to 238 people, you will get a free sample of general tso's chicken complete with a toothpick as you exit the aircraft.

Passengers are looking forward to the service and will be forced to say they liked the flights under penalty of death ensuring profit and brand strengthening. Flight attendants will operate under local laws allowing them 2359 long duty days with no overtime ensuring low labor costs. They will love their jobs under penalty of death ensuring longevity and recruitment of the best and brightest. Maintenance (books) will be superb under penalty of death as will training and checkrides.

Pilots will be forced to smoke during flights and yell at everyone to uphold the professional image of the Captain....under penalty of death.

Pants will not be worn while on duty.....upod

k back to your regularly scheduled reality

big Rumor Is Out!!!

Cjc To Be Sole Regional Carrier For Long Dong Wang Bang Air Out Of General Tso Province Of China. In Addition To Having Standing Room Only Aircraft (q-400) Configured To 238 People, You Will Get A Free Sample Of General Tso's Chicken Complete With A Toothpick As You Exit The Aircraft.

Passengers Are Looking Forward To The Service And Will Be Forced To Say They Liked The Flights Under Penalty Of Death Ensuring Profit And Brand Strengthening. Flight Attendants Will Operate Under Local Laws Allowing Them 2359 Long Duty Days With No Overtime Ensuring Low Labor Costs. They Will Love Their Jobs Under Penalty Of Death Ensuring Longevity And Recruitment Of The Best And Brightest. Maintenance (books) Will Be Superb Under Penalty Of Death As Will Training And Checkrides.

Pilots Will Be Forced To Smoke During Flights And Yell At Everyone To Uphold The Professional Image Of The Captain....under Penalty Of Death.

Pants Will Not Be Worn While On Duty.....upod

K Back To Your Regularly Scheduled Reality

I Knew It!!!!!

Never say never bro....but

Delta would be crazy to put Colgan SAABs on their routes. Our SAABs are disgusting. Interiors are ratty and nasty...just gross.

Marcus- why do you think they wouldn't be interested in the Q400? Just because ASA is getting rid of the ATR, doesn't mean they don't want a modern, passenger friendly turboprop. We'll see though.

I did say "for now":D Delta is definitely interested in the Q. I've heard they are looking at the Q and the new ATRs but the problem seems to be delivery schedules as both factories are backed up on orders for quite a while. To get the airplanes any sooner would require financial incentive offer to Bombardier or ATR.

Personally I think the Q would fit better into the ATL grand scheme of things since ASA is jetbridging all our gates, which would fit the Q but definitely not the ATR.

So since it doesn't make any sense at all to be operating 50 seaters to AGS, CHA, DHN, TRI, TYS, AVL, PFN, GNV, CSG, MOB, MGM, HHH(not even possible:)), etc I do believe you will see a Q in Delta colors in the future.

I did say "for now":D Delta is definitely interested in the Q. I've heard they are looking at the Q and the new ATRs but the problem seems to be delivery schedules as both factories are backed up on orders for quite a while. To get the airplanes any sooner would require financial incentive offer to Bombardier or ATR.

Personally I think the Q would fit better into the ATL grand scheme of things since ASA is jetbridging all our gates, which would fit the Q but definitely not the ATR.

So since it doesn't make any sense at all to be operating 50 seaters to AGS, CHA, DHN, TRI, TYS, AVL, PFN, GNV, CSG, MOB, MGM, HHH(not even possible:)), etc I do believe you will see a Q in Delta colors in the future.

Good post.

This is why I like JC more than Flightinfo again because there is still room for mature, thoughtful, respectful aviation discussions. For a while there, JC was on par with Flightinfo. Glad its back.

Good post.

This is why I like JC more than Flightinfo again because there is still room for mature, thoughtful, respectful aviation discussions. For a while there, JC was on par with Flightinfo. Glad its back.

That's one of the reasons I made the move from APC. I think this site is more supportive of disscussion rather than name calling and arguements.

Now those will help you get OUT of EWR, do you have any tricks up your sleeve for getting IN?

VFR down the hudson, hold over the lady and bug the tower every 5 minutes for runway 29. if they hold out on you, tell approach you'll be departing the lady to hold over sparta @ 7500 ft, they'll get you in. If the holding stack over the lady is full then hold over the verazano.

you'll need authorization to go VFR in your op specs, but it worked for the ATR. perhaps it'll work for the Q's.

VFR down the hudson, hold over the lady and bug the tower every 5 minutes for runway 29. if they hold out on you, tell approach you'll be departing the lady to hold over sparta @ 7500 ft, they'll get you in. If the holding stack over the lady is full then hold over the verazano.

you'll need authorization to go VFR in your op specs, but it worked for the ATR. perhaps it'll work for the Q's.

Nice!

Exactly, the list was on there before but then pulled and they must have made some type of change and reposted it on the 21st.

So....those who were hired a few months ago and are number 50-80 can now plan on being number 80-110. Or me...I was number 4 and will end up being 29. The good news for now is that 1. maybe this is to reduce the potential furloughs and 2. There are only 2 of 30 FOs scheduled for class and that is sept 2nd so you will not even see them bidding until probably November.

Yes this list is just a list of people who WANT to go to the Q. It doesn't mean that everyone on the list will go. I am sure they will cap it at 90 crews, the problem is I don't know how many crews are already on the Q.

Yes this list is just a list of people who WANT to go to the Q. It doesn't mean that everyone on the list will go. I am sure they will cap it at 90 crews, the problem is I don't know how many crews are already on the Q.

That does make a lot of sense, I'm glad you explained that. According to the August schedules, there were 63 CA and 75 FO awarded lines (including reserve lines). So if we're actually going to increase to 90 crews total, theres a bit of room still.

Back