Even more Colgan Rumors

there are some used 400's and horizon is parking its 200's. I keep hearing this big announcement thing tomorrow. I personally think it has to do with base realignments. I was on the phone yesterday with the Mgr of FLT Standards about the line check I'm doing tomorrow, and she mentioned the big announcement also. That being said, PCL corp and Buddy Casey get wood every time we add a q400 sim instructor or line check airman. They keep asking us to add more check airman on the q400. SO much so that us saab Check airmen are doing observation rides for potential check airman on the q400.

I'll go with the no pants friday's though!

well I hope that something is up because with 10 saabs and 3 beeches being parked that's a lot of pilots without planes to fly.

F it. If you guys no pants Friday, I'm not saying yes to a TA over here unless it's in our contract. :)

well I hope that something is up because with 10 saabs and 3 beeches being parked that's a lot of pilots without planes to fly.

There are still 5 Beeches on line. I believe the final day for them is Oct 31. On Nov 1, the Saab will be coming to AUG.

those are the SERMN routes they use when EWR is in SWAP. They'll do the same thing to us, EWR-RDU/GSO/DC Metro/BUF/ALB/SYR/ROC @ 6000-8000 ft in the jet. They arent always advertising those routes either, sometimes its worth asking clearance if they are offering SERMN routes to get out a bit quicker.

SERMN EAST
SERMN NORTH
SERMN SOUTH

Now those will help you get OUT of EWR, do you have any tricks up your sleeve for getting IN?

It looks like ALL of those displaced saab and beech guys are coming to the Q or going to the saab. The new list has somewhere around 30 more Q FOs and Captains. We will be looking at roughly 7 crews per plane.

The fuel burn was only 800 or so more pounds. Not really noticeable as far as our codeshares are concerned.

That's about the difference in burn between the Q and the RJ on that route. Seems like a pretty big deal to me.

It looks like ALL of those displaced saab and beech guys are coming to the Q or going to the saab. The new list has somewhere around 30 more Q FOs and Captains. We will be looking at roughly 7 crews per plane.

The new seniority list? Where are you getting it?

So anyone hear if the big news has come out yet since today is the monday seggy was talking about?

So anyone hear if the big news has come out yet since today is the monday seggy was talking about?

The sad part is if I wanted to know what the big news was, I would probably have to come here to find it first.

The suspense is killing me. Our luck, there won't be any announcement. The latest rumor, coming from mtc. is that 12 Saabs are being parked, followed by getting rid of US Airways completely, and replacing it with Delta flying in the NE out of JFK with Saabs, kind of what Freedom did with the Dashes.... again, just rumors...

The suspense is killing me. Our luck, there won't be any announcement. The latest rumor, coming from mtc. is that 12 Saabs are being parked, followed by getting rid of US Airways completely, and replacing it with Delta flying in the NE out of JFK with Saabs, kind of what Freedom did with the Dashes.... again, just rumors...

Not going to happen...Delta is going to an all-jet fleet, for now.

Well, that's certainly good news for Colgan. If this is the case then furloughs shouldn't be so bad.

Not going to happen...Delta is going to an all-jet fleet, for now.

Never say never bro....but

Delta would be crazy to put Colgan SAABs on their routes. Our SAABs are disgusting. Interiors are ratty and nasty...just gross.

Marcus- why do you think they wouldn't be interested in the Q400? Just because ASA is getting rid of the ATR, doesn't mean they don't want a modern, passenger friendly turboprop. We'll see though.

Back