Even more Colgan Rumors

Don't be afraid of the Dash 8, just be afraid of incompetent management that won't order it or new ATR's :banghead:

:yeahthat:

I'm not afraid of the Q400. I had a chance to ride in one on a Bombardier demonstration flight, and I was extremely impressed. I would love to fly it. However, I know our management will not entertain any thoughts of going back to turboprops.

Personally, I wish I was still flying the SF-340 out of MDW, but that's just me.

:yeahthat:

I'm not afraid of the Q400. I had a chance to ride in one on a Bombardier demonstration flight, and I was extremely impressed. I would love to fly it. However, I know our management will not entertain any thoughts of going back to turboprops.

Personally, I wish I was still flying the SF-340 out of MDW, but that's just me.

Personally, I wish I was spooning with you in the crew room, but you decided to spend time with your dog instead.

It's cool dude, I understand.

We get down to about 2200 pph total in the mid 20's, if they would ever start planning for us to get up there. I'm getting a bit tired of running EWR-RDU at 16000. It's telling when we're at 15000 YYZ-EWR with Porter 5 minutes ahead at 25000. Just poor planning.

I may be wrong, but I think there is a reason you're going to RDU at 16,000'. When you start getting into high altitude Washington DC sectors, you're talking about some of the busiest airspace around.

It might be some sort of preferred routing/altitude deal. At 16 you're out of the way, in the 20's you're in the way.

According to the checkairman who had a meeting last week with ATC, they are keeping us on the prop routes like Baronman said. They will continue to do so as we really are to slow for the jet routes.

Honestly, I would much rather fly low. To get up in the 20s in the northeast just takes to long with the step climbs they would have us do to get right back down. I prefer flying around from 11 to 17 thousand feet. We can go fast enough at those altitudes. The pressurization blows on the plane anyway. It is quite fatiguing.

The fuel burn between 11,000 and 25,000 really isn't that big of a difference anyway. I was given 6000 between EWR and GSO when I was originally filed for 16,000. The fuel burn was only 800 or so more pounds. Not really noticeable as far as our codeshares are concerned. If we really want to save fuel, guys have to know the routes, make sure we get the shortcuts when we can, take RWY 11 when in use, etc.

Massive rumor mondays at CJC. and the winner for this monday is.......

No pants friday! pants optional every friday till x-mas

Massive rumor mondays at CJC. and the winner for this monday is.......

No pants friday! pants optional every friday till x-mas

What difference would that make? We flew together a whole month, and i don't ever recall wearing pants..... TOSHIBA

I was given 6000 between EWR and GSO when I was originally filed for 16,000.

those are the SERMN routes they use when EWR is in SWAP. They'll do the same thing to us, EWR-RDU/GSO/DC Metro/BUF/ALB/SYR/ROC @ 6000-8000 ft in the jet. They arent always advertising those routes either, sometimes its worth asking clearance if they are offering SERMN routes to get out a bit quicker.

SERMN EAST
SERMN NORTH
SERMN SOUTH

SERMN

those are the SERMN routes they use when EWR is in SWAP. They'll do the same thing to us, EWR-RDU/GSO/DC Metro/BUF/ALB/SYR/ROC @ 6000-8000 ft in the jet. They arent always advertising those routes either, sometimes its worth asking clearance if they are offering SERMN routes to get out a bit quicker.

SERMN EAST
SERMN NORTH
SERMN SOUTH

I remember when the EWR tower manager came into my recurrent class and talked about those.

All I could think was, you know this country's air traffic control system has completely failed when jets are being filed from NYC to North Carolina below 10,000 feet.

Re: SERMN

I heard the ATL thing too...but....HOW? Maybe in June 2010 which is the new improved earliest date we can get one of the highspeed low drag Q400 Next gens. So will the announcement be that in June or 2010 there will be ONE Q in ATL?

Back