Enough is enough. Just stop. Guard.

Was flying over the upper Midwest yesterday morning and there was a couple of children playing on guard. The little girl would keep saying “Mayday we’re crashing” and a little boy was wanting to talk to pilots. At first it was a little frightening for everyone thinking it was real and trying to get the location. After about 5 minutes though it got pretty annoying mostly because the Delta pilots going in and out of MSP kept telling the kids to identify themselves.
Who are you to assume her gender.

Same thing was going on today. Sounded like a little girl and she kept saying mayday. About an hour east of MSP.

That crap has been going on for well over a month and I have heard it almost the entire way going from ORD to MSP. It sounds like kids talking on 121.5. I really hope that the FCC becomes involved and locates the perpetrators. It really is becoming a nuisance.

Who are you to assume her gender.

This crap has gotten out of control. Canada, in a worlds first, has had a baby without assigning a sex to it. Parents want the baby to decide when "it" grows up. There isn't anything wrong with the baby and in scientific terms there is a sex identification already but you know, new world parenting.

Damn those FOM requirements....

I think it could be well argued that not listening to the shenanigans on 121.5 greatly increases my ability to monitor normal radio traffic. Without class 2 navigation to filter out the amateurs 121.5 is mostly just a distraction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it could be well argued that not listening to the shenanigans on 121.5 greatly increases my ability to monitor normal radio traffic. Without class 2 navigation to filter out the amateurs 121.5 is mostly just a distraction.

I'd just hate to be NORDO and ATC not being able to get ahold of me because i didn't want to be "distracted" doing something that's required, then again I do maybe 5 domestic trips a year right now and it's very professional almost everywhere else on the planet except east of STL and west of the East Coast.

I'd just hate to be NORDO and ATC not being able to get ahold of me because i didn't want to be "distracted" doing something that's required, then again I do maybe 5 domestic trips a year right now and it's very professional almost everywhere else on the planet except east of STL and west of the East Coast.

I set a timer. If 20 minutes goes by and I haven't heard from anyone I ask if I'm still supposed to be on freq. It hasn't let me down yet. I suppose I could give 121.5 a try again now that I'm west coast based but my magic 8 ball says I'm doomed to repeat past mistakes so...

I set a timer. If 20 minutes goes by and I haven't heard from anyone I ask if I'm still supposed to be on freq. It hasn't let me down yet. I suppose I could give 121.5 a try again now that I'm west coast based but my magic 8 ball says I'm doomed to repeat past mistakes so...

It happens out west now too. Seems like I have to turn down the volume on comm 2 every few legs or so

This crap has gotten out of control. Canada, in a worlds first, has had a baby without assigning a sex to it. Parents want the baby to decide when "it" grows up. There isn't anything wrong with the baby and in scientific terms there is a sex identification already but you know, new world parenting.
I consider myself rather progressive/open minded....but that's just weird.

Some states are allowing people to put "X" as their gender now too....

what's it like to be such a superior bad ass?

Back