Endeavor ALPA to publish delinquent dues'rs

SpiceWeasel

Tre Kronor
It will be going out in all pilot communications. If you are in bad standing or owe dues etc., your name will be part of Endeavor ALPA FastReads.

"In keeping up with a practice standard at other ALPA carriers" so they say...

Just publishing the names is kind of on the light end of things that have been done in the past.

Well, it's a market-driven issue at this point, but with all the kicks to the nuts we have had, it's just setting us up for decert / people who move on that are bitter.

Timing... Timing...

I'm on leave... I owe 50 bucks or so... been paying off my debt even though they officially kicked me out. I am disgusted with how they handled my particular case and at the lack of communication about the situation before they just sent me the notice of expulsion. It really is all about the money and not the people involved.

I'm on leave... I owe 50 bucks or so... been paying off my debt even though they officially kicked me out. I am disgusted with how they handled my particular case and at the lack of communication about the situation before they just sent me the notice of expulsion. It really is all about the money and not the people involved.
That's not true at all! They send a ton of warning letters for weeks before you get expelled. When you got your first notice did you do anything to rectify it? Did you contact any of your reps or people you knew who were involved with the union? (ie ME) don't bad mouth an organization because you didn't do your part. That's not fair and you are better than that.

It will be going out in all pilot communications. If you are in bad standing or owe dues etc., your name will be part of Endeavor ALPA FastReads.

"In keeping up with a practice standard at other ALPA carriers" so they say...
Is that legal? I didn't know you could publicly call people out like that. If you can then I think every property should. No free rides!

That's not true at all! They send a ton of warning letters for weeks before you get expelled. When you got your first notice did you do anything to rectify it? Did you contact any of your reps or people you knew who were involved with the union? (ie ME) don't bad mouth an organization because you didn't do your part. That's not fair and you are better than that.
I received 2 warning letters and was then expelled. I did email and call but because of the particular circumstances I was told to pay up immediately. After digging into the matter further I was told I could reapply for membership when I returned. I did my part and attempted to communicate with the correct people... the communication was dropped on the other end.

I received 2 warning letters and was then expelled. I did email and call but because of the particular circumstances I was told to pay up immediately. After digging into the matter further I was told I could reapply for membership when I returned. I did my part and attempted to communicate with the correct people... the communication was dropped on the other end.
Hmmm, well there is nothing I can say since I don't know your particular circumstances. However, two notices and then being expelled is not anywhere near the amount of correspondence necessary per the ALPA by laws. So either A. You got more than two notices B. You are remembering it in a fashion that you see fit to trash an organization that has helped you in the past.

Hmmm, well there is nothing I can say since I don't know your particular circumstances. However, two notices and then being expelled is not anywhere near the amount of correspondence necessary per the ALPA by laws. So either A. You got more than two notices B. You are remembering it in a fashion that you see fit to trash an organization that has helped you in the past.
I'm not trashing the organization.... I am voicing my disgust with how my case was handled. ALPA has been helpful in the past and that is one of the many reasons why I was a volunteer. Like I said my particular case was not normal... if you'd like to continue this conversation feel free to call.

I'm IBT, they pretty much try to force the automatic debit from your paycheck option.

If you don't pay however (and don't exercise the religious objector clause) they will get you fired.

Is that legal? Its seems a tad childish.
I get where you are coming from but if you want the benefits of a contract you have to pay to participate. There are other avenues to pay for the benefits without being a member if you so choose. There were several at the old shop and I know of one at the current place. As long as you pay something you will never hear a word. If you knowingly dodge paying then I think the collective group should know who is leaving them out to dry.

I'm IBT, they pretty much try to force the automatic debit from your paycheck option.

If you don't pay however (and don't exercise the religious objector clause) they will get you fired.
That's the agency shop clause that I'm sure is in your contract.

Back