Endeavor Air - Honest answers

Yes, because there are so many regionals out there that could absorb 81 900's and upwards of 60 200's overnight...

Endeavor is not going to get sold anytime soon. They are doing a very good job. Yes I just said that. I do know separate categories creates more jobs as well but keep drinking that Utah Kool Aid.

Well said. Endeavor is an excellent choice for a new hire right now. I believe they will have a strong future ahead of them and their parent company seems intent on smart business moves. Unlike the parent company of the other wholly-owned regionals. There is a reason guys with 1 year in at other regionals are bailing to go to endeavor.

The extra pay isn't coming from the separate categories....It's coming from the need to keep people at an airline that was on the brink of failure. If you take out bonuses, the Endeavor people would be making far less than any SkyWest pilot, even without the override system.

The pay is coming from the CBA. Endeavor has cheaper health insurance, better retirement, better work rules with pay, and better overall leverage than Skywest. This is all without the bonus system.

The SkyWest guys also have scheduling flexibility that pilots at other regionals don't. It's a huge QOL thing that would get crushed with separate categories.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA is that what they tell you guys? As stated already separate categories makes the company hire more pilots. Also, the Pilots of Endeavor have great leverage. They are having JFK based crews doing layovers in LGA. Think about that for a second...why? The separate categories doesn't give management carte blanche based upon big Daddy D.

The question is, what will happen with Endeavor pay and QOL when Big Daddy D decides it doesn't want to own them anymore. Every regional is someone's bitch, but Endeavor has nowhere to run when it's master is done with it.

The Pilot of Endeavor though have a CBA in place so they aren't the companies bitch.

I wouldn't suggest bailing out of "Regional A" to go to "Regional B".
I certainly agree with you but I don't blame some for doing it. Recruiters these days are selling fairy tales at many regionals. Whether you hold the individual responsible for not doing his/her own research... Well that's another story.

I certainly agree with you but I don't blame some for doing it. Recruiters these days are selling fairy tales at many regionals. Whether you hold the individual responsible for not doing his/her own research... Well that's another story.

Oh sure, I know.

I know a guy who gets the occasional "ZOMG! I WAS PROMISED A LINE AND WEEKENDS OFF! HOW DO I FILE A GREEVUMPS?!" texts from new hires at his regional.

Sure. But what gets you more flight time and in base/seat/aircraft seniority faster. After going to the big plane at the regionals I now realize it put me way behind in flight hours compared to people in my seniority block who flew the 200.

Can you explain why it is this way? Folks would think 900 = longer routes, flt time.

Things change so fast that sometimes your research doesn't help.

9E has had one of the best turnarounds in the regional industry. I talk to some new hires that will clear close to 70k in their first year. 70K!! That's more then some CA's at other airlines! In the last year and a half I have gone from my long-standing stagnant relative seniority of 78ish percent to 45. I was really considering the move to PSA or TSA but always told myself that I would be a fool for leaving. Glad I didn't. Lots of us stuck it out, upgraded (finally), and will start at SJI this fall. Pretty good success story.

I see on the Endeavor site the DGI program kicks in after being a captain for 24 months. Has Delta hired any Endeavor FO's off the street without waiting for the program?

I see on the Endeavor site the DGI program kicks in after being a captain for 24 months. Has Delta hired any Endeavor FO's off the street without waiting for the program?
Supposedlu the jan 2015 class has 3 guys left. Everyone else was mil that bailed to delta or united (whoever called first) after training.

In 15 (and i dont know the total number) delta took some endeavor street guys and then counted them toward SSP numbers, that has since been rectified.

Back